Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 01-18-2007, 01:01 PM
Top Dog

I pay 43.00 a bag for NB. Canidae is a great food. Also, look at the ingredients in Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul. It is very good and similar to Canidae....lots of meat. It tends to run a little less than Canidae. NB, at least around here is not carried by Petsmart but is by Petco. It may not be the same everywhere, I suppose.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 01-18-2007, 01:16 PM
Big Dog

I was also going to suggest Chicken Soup for the Dog Lovers Soul. Or if you have a Costco club, the kirkland food isn't too bad for a great price.

~Deb~
Old 01-18-2007, 02:15 PM
Top Dog

I do not have a Costco in my area.

I checked on Canidae:
$34.50 40lbs ALS
$37.99 35lbs Platium [one of my dogs is a chunk]

I checked on Chicken Soup:
$25.98 35lbs ALS

Now, between Canidae and CS Dog Lover... which is a better quality??

Lucy Lu Deboner Ward CGC TDI (& 2 legs toward RN), Golden Retriever
Lily Lu Deboner Ward, Golden Retriever
Emily Deboner Ward, Llewellin Setter
Abby Deboner Ward, English Setter

I've been Frosted!
Old 01-18-2007, 02:34 PM
Top Dog

I talked with my parents...

The place that I called the 800 number, it didn't work out. He sells to companies. So the location where I would have to buy Canidae is too far away.

We're going with the Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul. That's what it is going to be. My parents are happy... we're saving $15 a bag compared to Natural Balance. Also, my dad knows the people who work at the store that sells CS, and the people are very friendly. The people at PetCo have been extremely rude. And I'm happy because it is a good quality dog food. EVERYONE IS HAPPY!! Finally, everything is solved [this has been going on for months now]!

Thanks for all the help from everyone.

I've been Frosted!
Old 01-18-2007, 03:15 PM
Big Dog

thats good to hear. CS is good quality I have used it before with great results

~Deb~
Old 01-18-2007, 03:18 PM
<--------Orson

My dogs eat chicken soup for pet lovers..........it is a really good food. I don't know if anyone here gets or reads The Whole Dog Journal, but every year they do a top rated dry food list. They rate the foods by ingredients, and only the best make the list. No foods with 'by products' or 'corn'........they explain how they pick the foods, every dog is different and there is no "best food" for all.
Anyway, there are 54 dog foods on the 2007 list and Chicken soup for pet lovers is included.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:21 PM
Bobsk8

Natural Balance Ultra on the Petco web site is on sale for 32.99 for the 30 pound bag and every 10 bags you get a free one from NB, so that works out to less than $30 a pag ( if my math is correct) ..... So it works out to less than $1 a pound.

http://www.petco.com/Shop/petco_Prod...lers0-_-693804
Old 01-18-2007, 03:46 PM
Top Dog

Good for you for advocating so well for your dog to get decent food. I would feed NB of CS but either one is a heck of a lot better than grocery store food.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:07 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsk8 View Post
Natural Balance Ultra on the Petco web site is on sale for 32.99 for the 30 pound bag and every 10 bags you get a free one from NB, so that works out to less than $30 a pag ( if my math is correct) ..... So it works out to less than $1 a pound.

http://www.petco.com/Shop/petco_Prod...lers0-_-693804
This is what I currently feed them. I bought my first bag of this about 2 weeks ago. I got it for $32.99 for a 35lbs bag. That was perfectly fine. Then, my dad went out yesterday, bought it using our pals card [to get the discount], and it was $39.99. I called them today... they said $32.99 was an online price. So I politely asked why we got it for the sale price last time, and not this time. He said, "the sale must've ended on 01.14.07." But online it says it ends on 01.19.07. My dad called last night to ask, and the lady was extremely rude to him. And I was in the room during the phonecall, and my dad was being very polite. He also commented on how rude the cashier was. ALSO, when I got my pals card, it had someone elses name in the card. So I told the manager at Petco, and they gave me a form to fill out, so I could change the information about the card [name, address, etc]. The information was never changed. So I'm pretty upset with PetCo right now.

So I would have to pay $39.99 a bag. The NB isn't going to be on sale all year around... so more times than others, I would have to pay at least that amount.

I've been Frosted!
Old 01-18-2007, 04:08 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACooper View Post
My dogs eat chicken soup for pet lovers..........it is a really good food. I don't know if anyone here gets or reads The Whole Dog Journal, but every year they do a top rated dry food list. They rate the foods by ingredients, and only the best make the list. No foods with 'by products' or 'corn'........they explain how they pick the foods, every dog is different and there is no "best food" for all.
Anyway, there are 54 dog foods on the 2007 list and Chicken soup for pet lovers is included.
That's very good to hear!

Thanks for that information!

I've been Frosted!