Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 01-17-2007, 05:34 PM
Rusty but Trusty

Default clean bones?

The butcher that we will be purchasing our meat from told me that he always gets in clean raw bones. He says their is no meat but their raw and still have all the marrow and everything. Would this be something that I could give the girls for a recreational bone? It's not something that they could eat whole though, just chew on and get the marrow and stuff out. He says he sells like 15-20 lbs for $5. I'm getting 20 lbs of beef neck bones from him for $17 in a couple weeks and I'm thinking about getting some of those for the dogs to chew on between meals but with no meat on them I don't really see how satisfying they could be.

Old 01-17-2007, 06:03 PM
Top Dog

You could try them and see how it goes. Certainly a good price.
My dogs don't get marrow bones/soup bones because eating all the fatty marrow gives Sammy the runs. I pretty much stick to knuckles for recreational bones and very easily consumable bones for rmbs.
Old 01-17-2007, 06:56 PM
Rusty but Trusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam View Post
You could try them and see how it goes. Certainly a good price.
My dogs don't get marrow bones/soup bones because eating all the fatty marrow gives Sammy the runs. I pretty much stick to knuckles for recreational bones and very easily consumable bones for rmbs.
Yeah I was afraid of Holly getting sick from them. Hannah usually doesn't get sick from lots of stuff, besides pork. He said they were like the knee joints and stuff and he either said they were from bears or that they were bare. All I hear was bear (or bare whichever way it was meant). I think I'll try them and see how it goes.

Old 01-17-2007, 07:00 PM
Island dweller

You'll have to be careful. She might chip a tooth on them. They are pretty hard and don't have any soft parts like the nuckle bones. However, he wasn't that clear and maybe it is knuckle bones being sent.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:52 PM
Big Dog

my dogs eat them all the time and love them, just love them!!!