Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-25-2005, 04:36 PM
Big Dog

Default I'm baaack....and with a new addition!!

Hey everybody! I haven't been here in ages! We started renovating our house, and apparently that didn't leave us busy enough, sooooo, we adopted a new puppy! Her name is Marlee and she is a 6 mth old rottweiler. She was brought into our local animal hospital in the middle of Feb. almost starved to death, and very ill with parvo. Fortunately the staff was able to nurse her back to health and one of the vets (an absolute angel!) fostered her. Well, long story short, I had to make a few trips to the vet clinic in a 2 wk span for various supplies, and I fell in love. Her foster mommy was having a very hard time finding a home she felt was suitable (she was already very attached to Marlee) and said she would love to see her in a home like ours. Hubby met her and agreed she would fit in wonderfully in our family, and she has! She came home on Apr 1st, and it has been wonderful!! Serene, Jersey and Nike all love her!
http://www.dogster.com/?134795
This is her dogster page!
Old 04-25-2005, 04:44 PM
~3 Mutts~

Congrats! I can't wait to see pictures!!
Don't encourage me..

Welcome back!! She's just adorable!! I would have fallen for her too!!

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

~3 Mutts~

Oh LOL spoke to soon. I just saw her pic. What a cutie!
Old 04-25-2005, 04:54 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Three cheers for you!!!!!! She is a doll you can just tell how much personality she has from that last pic especially...gold stars for your vet too...isn't it amazing how fast they can bounce back from the brink of death with parvo..unless u have seen a pup in that condition it is hard to imagine..and even harder to have faith that there will be no long term effects..the last four pups i nursed thru that grew up so fast and fine you would never ever know they almost died....so happy for you..and glad your back! Hows the house coming along..are all finished?
Old 04-25-2005, 05:18 PM
Big Dog

And the thing is, the vet did want to keep her, but then who would foster the next one left behind. We aren't expecting her to be full size due to the lack of proper food in her previous home, but that should be the only long term effect.
The house, sigh, is coming along slowly! It's a little harder with the new pup as every project has to be completely finished and cleaned up at the end of each day. It'll all get done in time! We can't finish until we decide on flooring, anyway. Anyone have any input on what flooring is best for 1 cat and 3 lrge breed dogs to use as a racetrack!?!
Old 04-25-2005, 05:30 PM
Felurian

Probably asphalt, lol!

Seriously, something with a good hard surface that won't scratch easily, like tile. If you go with wood it will need to be very hard wood with a rock hard finish!

It's good to have you back! And by the way, the house never gets completely finished

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-25-2005, 07:00 PM
Dog Spoiler

I always wanted to have real grass growing INSIDe cuz i think that would be awesome as long as there was no grass. Some of the new astroturf these days are also getting just as good with no itchiness. I say go with tile. Rock hard wood with hardcore resistant finish is pretty hard to find but tile would probably slippery. I say use Renee's idea and go with asphalt.

-Jon
Old 04-26-2005, 07:39 AM
Love my pets

Congratuations! What a nice family you have now; 3 females. Do they all get along? You'll have to keep us updated with photos.

The floors, what a decision to make with all those nails scratching as they walk. I still like my self stick tiles in the kitchen so I can replace worn ones (bought an extra box).
Old 04-26-2005, 08:42 AM
Top Dog

Welcome back! She is gorgeous! I am so glad she found such a wonderful home such as yours!