Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > Member Introductions

Old 01-15-2007, 11:34 AM
Big Dog

Yeaaaa, another Mally owner! Where is yours from? As you can see in my siggy, I also have a Malamute! Is this your first?

THANK YOU BB AND DARKCHILD FOR MY BEAUTIFUL SURPRISE SIGGY!!!!
Old 01-15-2007, 12:46 PM
<--------Orson

Welcome, very handsome guy.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:40 PM
Puppy Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyKees View Post
I had no idea they didn't bark!
Ha! Tell that to him! No, he certainly doesn't "ruff" or "woof" or "bark" in the traditional way dogs do. But he's one hell of a noise maker. And when he feels that I'm threatened, or his property is threatened, he'll let one big old scary BOOF out. He knows how to bark, he just prefers to express himself somewhat differently most of the time. I know Malamutes who bark a lot, but most do refrain from "barking" and prefer to "woo woo."

Kenzie,
Yes, he's my first. And I'm thankful he, specifically, is my first because he tends to behave more like a Golden Retriever or a Lab most of the time, rather than a Malamute. He has drive to pull and he loves the winter... but he also loves to fetch. His breeder tells me it's in his blood. He's from Ronda Allen of GRA-Wind in Michigan. It's mostly Kotzebue blood, with an emphasis on Inuit dogs. Where's yours from?
Old 01-15-2007, 05:03 PM
Corgi bum

Hi...welcome to Chaz!!! What a beauty you have there!!!
Old 01-15-2007, 05:17 PM
Big Dog

Oh! We're practically related,lol. One of their dogs is from Tundra who's a friend of mine, and my Mal also has the Barrenfield lines as does yours. Kenzie is from Spiritrun's Alaskan Malamutes, in Ontario Canada. If you follow the dog shows, the Eukenuba winner last year, Costello, is Kenzie's uncle, her sire is American/Canadian Ch. Spiritruns Marylanes Toby Tyler.

THANK YOU BB AND DARKCHILD FOR MY BEAUTIFUL SURPRISE SIGGY!!!!
Old 01-15-2007, 05:42 PM
Puppy Dog

Ooooh! I was looking at Spiritrun about two months ago when I was kidding myself that I could fit another Mal into the family any time soon.
I'm not the BIGGEST fan of Costello (or most Nanuke dogs, except their Tyler). Of course, I haven't been able to get my hands on any of their dogs either -- so I could just be judging incorrectly from the pictures and videos I have seen.
Hopefully in 8-10 years I'll be able to add another Malamute, one who actually comes with both testicles intact. Rien was a huge hopeful for me, and he would probably be an AMAZING dog if it had not been for an incident he had at 5 months with a cat toy he decided to swallow. My vet and I believe it not only made him suck up and retain a testicle, but we think it was the cause of his stunted growth. If you've ever seen or heard of Ch GRA-Wind's Kaviak Freeze Frame "Flash" -- that's Rien's uncle and I swear the two could easily be mistaken for twins. Rien himself is out of Ronda's Lexie (GRA-Wind's Sympathy for the Devil) and Tara Townsend's Comet (Shofur's Moonlight Voyager). IMHO, he has a pedigree to pretty much die for. I was really planning my whole *future* breeding program around him kicking butt and taking names in conformation, but so it goes, huh?
Old 01-15-2007, 05:47 PM
Shiba Inu Slave

Hey Erica-

I'm pretty sure you know my twin sister "Sayuri" from another forum. (We co-own Kimi and Tai, the Shibas).

Orien is absolutely beautiful! I've always been a big fan of malamutes- must be something about Nordic breeds.

Old 01-15-2007, 05:50 PM
Puppy Dog

Oooh, it's the other half!

And yeah -- it's definitely something about nordic breeds, considering the only other breeds I would consider to be MINE in the future are Shibas and Akitas (Shibas for when I get too old to handle a Malamute.... pfft!... and Akitas for when I feel the need for just a LITTLE bit of obedience ). I sense a German Shepherd in the future, but as a service dog rather than a pet or show dog.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:44 PM
Puppy Dog

Welcome to Chaz, hes a beauty

Old 01-19-2007, 03:21 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

Welcome to Chazhound He's beautiful!