Water Junkie

Unhappy I wish I could have a cat!

I so want a cat! Ugh, I really want one! *sigh*

Look at these Beauties!

Dumplin

Goosebump

Scatter

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 01-12-2007, 09:45 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Why cant you have one?

Old 01-12-2007, 09:48 PM
Water Junkie

Because Major *hates* cats And That will NOT change probably

But my mom did say that when Major does Pass( I know I do not want to think about that....) we may be able to get one......

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 01-12-2007, 09:57 PM
Water Junkie

Ahhh Look at this one! http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/...?petid=7141248

*sigh*

l ~Jennifer~ l
Old 01-12-2007, 10:42 PM
ME+DOGS=CRAZY

I want a kitty too... but now is not the time for me..
Old 01-13-2007, 05:54 AM
Top Dog

Awww such sweethearts!
Old 01-13-2007, 07:42 AM
Top Dog

it is sooo hard to go to some of those petfinder sites knowing that these cats and dogs time may be up any day (not trying to make you feel guilty or anything ) How do you know your dog does not like cats. My dog would flip out when he saw a cat, he would chase cry bark and just go nuts. When we got Neko (cat) we were afraid Max (dog) would try to kill him but he just got wicked excited and tried to chase him, we trained Max not to chase Neko in no time, and of course once Neko was not scared of Max he would not run so there was no reason to chase. He acted the same way when we got our second cat Willie and was constantly up his but and every time Willie moved Max would sorta start to chase, but once Willie was not new or threatening any more Max did not care about the cat and now the all sleep together on my bed. I'm sure if Max saw a cat out side he would chase and kill it. He sees these two cats as part of his family but not other cats.

There are lots of ways to slowly introduce cats to dogs, if you are very worried or have tried to get a cat before and it did not work out then don't try it again. I was just wondering why you think your dog hates cats.
Old 01-13-2007, 07:50 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Bodhi looooooooooooves cats. But she was brought up with 2

We have 3 now, and she loves them, but they don't necessarily love her.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 01-13-2007, 07:50 AM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

Aww, hang in there! I know that feeling. I wanted a cat sooo much but my mom did not like cats at all and she was allergic to them. . .I thought I would never get one. . .but right now there are two little fluffballs on the couch with Lucy.
Are you sure Major couldn't handle a cat? If you introduce them properly maybe it would work?
It'll work out one way or another. (((((hugs)))))
Old 01-13-2007, 08:46 AM
Top Dog

I also think you may be surprised how quickly Major accepts a cat especially if you bring it in as a very small kitten. I had cats before Skye and after they passed have since got two more. They're one big happy family now.

But that situation is different I know. Many years before I was advised by a vet that my adult, male unneutered GSD was fretting because my work hours had extended and he was bored. I had a girl come in and walk him in the middle of the day but that wasn't enough. He advised me to go to the local RSPCA and pick the tiniest kitten I could find. That's how I got my Boods.

The first thing the little madam did was high dive off a counter and plough head first into Max's food dish. He picked her up in his mouth and I nearly died! He trotted away from me into the living room where he spat the cat out and returned unruffled to his dish.

Poor Boods was soggy but unhurt and she proceeded to torment Max for as long as I had him. Then she tortured Skye until the day she died at 22 yo.