Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-25-2005, 01:40 AM
ButtGumbo's Avatar
ButtGumbo ButtGumbo is offline
Ass Lover
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: SW Ohio
Posts: 185
Default Josie's stressful weekend.

Poor dog.

We went north about 100 miles to visit the in-laws this weekend. The main event was my son's 4'th birthday party. They don't mind when we bring Josie with us, but this weekend was going to be a hassle because the cookout/party had to be scrapped because of friggin' WINTER . The party had to be moved into the garage of all places, and since it was raining and snowing all weekend I couldn't tie Josie out at all.

So Saturday, people are coming and going and I'm wigging out because I'm afraid Josie is gonna bolt through the door and run wild in a strange neigborhood. Sure enough, this nitwit friend of the in-laws is standing there in the entry way and my wife says: "If you open the door Josie will run off". Evidently all he heard was "open the door". He did, and she was GONE! I run out after her, in the pouring rain, and end up chasing her like a mile before I get her cornered in someones backyard. Nitwit didn't even apologize. Obviously this jerkoff isn't a dog-person, but who the hell just lets someone dog out?

Later on, we're decorating the garage with Josie inspecting, and my father in law opens the daggone garage door. *Poof* off she goes again! This time she only got next door where Buckeye, the Chow growled her butt into submission. He he.

During the party, I had instructions NOT to let the dog mingle, so the poor girl had to stay in her cage. I eased the loneliness by sneaking her a few hot dogs.

End of party...one nice older man (a "dog guy") was asking me about her, so I had her out, but on her 18" training lead when Nitwit's b***h wife tromps through and bigger than s**t steps right on her tail with her fat gunboats. She didn't apologize.

I'm starting to think that non-dog people just suck.

Poor Josie hasn't moved since we got home. She just comes into the room I'm in and plops down and sleeps. Poor girl.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-25-2005, 01:46 AM
shredhead (DOG LOVER)'s Avatar
shredhead (DOG LOVER) shredhead (DOG LOVER) is offline
Dog Spoiler
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 611
Default

Awww...poor Josie. Your right, non dog people do suck. Theyre just not as nice as dog people.

-Jon
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-25-2005, 02:45 AM
RD's Avatar
RD RD is offline
Are you dead yet?
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 15,487
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtGumbo
....non-dog people just suck.
This is true.

Poor Josie! But at least she got the hot dogs, so it wasn't a total waste. (To her, anyway.)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-25-2005, 03:45 AM
necterine0 necterine0 is offline
<--My 2 angels Odo & Odie
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Georgia
Posts: 564
Default

I know what you mean about going into a panic if someone opens the door and you have a runner in the house. Odie Just a baby when he ran out of my daughters house. She lived on a very busy hwy. He ran into the road and a car went right over him..He was not hurt thank god. But from then on we started taking a 15 ft. soft lead with us when we went there. We would put it on him and stick it under a couch leg. he could do what he wanted except get out the door. Thank goodness he no longer does that. we have got him where he will not go out an open door till we say GO.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-25-2005, 06:45 AM
mrose_s's Avatar
mrose_s mrose_s is offline
BusterLove
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: QLD, Australia
Posts: 12,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtGumbo
Poor dog.

Sure enough, this nitwit friend of the in-laws is standing there in the entry way and my wife says: "If you open the door Josie will run off". Evidently all he heard was "open the door". He did, and she was GONE! I run out after her, in the pouring rain, and end up chasing her like a mile before I get her cornered in someones backyard. Nitwit didn't even apologize. Obviously this jerkoff isn't a dog-person, but who the hell just lets someone dog out?
thats SO rude

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtGumbo
Later on, we're decorating the garage with Josie inspecting, and my father in law opens the daggone garage door. *Poof* off she goes again! This time she only got next door where Buckeye, the Chow growled her butt into submission. He he.
why cant they be more careful???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtGumbo
During the party, I had instructions NOT to let the dog mingle, so the poor girl had to stay in her cage. I eased the loneliness by sneaking her a few hot dogs.
why couldnt you let her "mingle"???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtGumbo
End of party...one nice older man (a "dog guy") was asking me about her, so I had her out, but on her 18" training lead when Nitwit's b***h wife tromps through and bigger than s**t steps right on her tail with her fat gunboats. She didn't apologize.
i hate that

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtGumbo
I'm starting to think that non-dog people just suck.
LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtGumbo
Poor Josie hasn't moved since we got home. She just comes into the room I'm in and plops down and sleeps. Poor girl.
give her a pat from me
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-25-2005, 09:19 AM
Purr's Avatar
Purr Purr is offline
~3 Mutts~
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: In the USA!!
Posts: 733
Default

Poor Josie!! Even if they weren't dog people, they could've at least been human enough to say sorry. Give her a pat from me as well!
__________________
Thanks Keyodie!!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-25-2005, 09:25 AM
darkchild16's Avatar
darkchild16 darkchild16 is offline
We are Home.
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Tallahassee Florida
Posts: 21,814
Default

poor josie no dog ppl do suck
__________________

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie



Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-25-2005, 10:08 AM
Barb04's Avatar
Barb04 Barb04 is offline
Love my pets
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 27,169
Default

I feel so bad for Josie; I bet she was glad to be home where it's safe. Even some people with dogs don't comprehend when someone tells them not to let their dog out. Not all dogs are alike, especially my Anatolian which are known not to listen - can never been off a leash.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-25-2005, 11:12 AM
Gustav's Avatar
Gustav Gustav is offline
Don't encourage me..
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: France
Posts: 9,125
Default

Poor Josie!! I hate non doggie people too!! Gus was wondering if the sausages we good? He's doing a survey on sausages and the level of drool they induce!!
__________________
Secondhand Dog(s) Owners!

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch



Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-25-2005, 12:09 PM
smkie's Avatar
smkie smkie is offline
pointer/labrador/terrier
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 54,756
Default

smooches for your pooch..does sound like u got a bit of training to do..maybe Ct can help you with the "don't u dare leave without my permission"!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:25 PM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site