Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-25-2005, 01:40 AM
Ass Lover

Default Josie's stressful weekend.

Poor dog.

We went north about 100 miles to visit the in-laws this weekend. The main event was my son's 4'th birthday party. They don't mind when we bring Josie with us, but this weekend was going to be a hassle because the cookout/party had to be scrapped because of friggin' WINTER . The party had to be moved into the garage of all places, and since it was raining and snowing all weekend I couldn't tie Josie out at all.

So Saturday, people are coming and going and I'm wigging out because I'm afraid Josie is gonna bolt through the door and run wild in a strange neigborhood. Sure enough, this nitwit friend of the in-laws is standing there in the entry way and my wife says: "If you open the door Josie will run off". Evidently all he heard was "open the door". He did, and she was GONE! I run out after her, in the pouring rain, and end up chasing her like a mile before I get her cornered in someones backyard. Nitwit didn't even apologize. Obviously this jerkoff isn't a dog-person, but who the hell just lets someone dog out?

Later on, we're decorating the garage with Josie inspecting, and my father in law opens the daggone garage door. *Poof* off she goes again! This time she only got next door where Buckeye, the Chow growled her butt into submission. He he.

During the party, I had instructions NOT to let the dog mingle, so the poor girl had to stay in her cage. I eased the loneliness by sneaking her a few hot dogs.

End of party...one nice older man (a "dog guy") was asking me about her, so I had her out, but on her 18" training lead when Nitwit's b***h wife tromps through and bigger than s**t steps right on her tail with her fat gunboats. She didn't apologize.

I'm starting to think that non-dog people just suck.

Poor Josie hasn't moved since we got home. She just comes into the room I'm in and plops down and sleeps. Poor girl.
Old 04-25-2005, 01:46 AM
Dog Spoiler

Awww...poor Josie. Your right, non dog people do suck. Theyre just not as nice as dog people.

-Jon
Old 04-25-2005, 02:45 AM
Are you dead yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtGumbo
....non-dog people just suck.
This is true.

Poor Josie! But at least she got the hot dogs, so it wasn't a total waste. (To her, anyway.)
Old 04-25-2005, 03:45 AM
<--My 2 angels Odo & Odie

I know what you mean about going into a panic if someone opens the door and you have a runner in the house. Odie Just a baby when he ran out of my daughters house. She lived on a very busy hwy. He ran into the road and a car went right over him..He was not hurt thank god. But from then on we started taking a 15 ft. soft lead with us when we went there. We would put it on him and stick it under a couch leg. he could do what he wanted except get out the door. Thank goodness he no longer does that. we have got him where he will not go out an open door till we say GO.
Old 04-25-2005, 06:45 AM
BusterLove

Quote:
Poor dog.

Sure enough, this nitwit friend of the in-laws is standing there in the entry way and my wife says: "If you open the door Josie will run off". Evidently all he heard was "open the door". He did, and she was GONE! I run out after her, in the pouring rain, and end up chasing her like a mile before I get her cornered in someones backyard. Nitwit didn't even apologize. Obviously this jerkoff isn't a dog-person, but who the hell just lets someone dog out?
thats SO rude

Quote:
Later on, we're decorating the garage with Josie inspecting, and my father in law opens the daggone garage door. *Poof* off she goes again! This time she only got next door where Buckeye, the Chow growled her butt into submission. He he.
why cant they be more careful???

Quote:
During the party, I had instructions NOT to let the dog mingle, so the poor girl had to stay in her cage. I eased the loneliness by sneaking her a few hot dogs.
why couldnt you let her "mingle"???

Quote:
End of party...one nice older man (a "dog guy") was asking me about her, so I had her out, but on her 18" training lead when Nitwit's b***h wife tromps through and bigger than s**t steps right on her tail with her fat gunboats. She didn't apologize.
i hate that

Quote:
I'm starting to think that non-dog people just suck.
LOL

Quote:
Poor Josie hasn't moved since we got home. She just comes into the room I'm in and plops down and sleeps. Poor girl.
give her a pat from me

Old 04-25-2005, 09:19 AM
~3 Mutts~

Poor Josie!! Even if they weren't dog people, they could've at least been human enough to say sorry. Give her a pat from me as well!
Old 04-25-2005, 09:25 AM
We are Home.

poor josie no dog ppl do suck

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 04-25-2005, 10:08 AM
Love my pets

I feel so bad for Josie; I bet she was glad to be home where it's safe. Even some people with dogs don't comprehend when someone tells them not to let their dog out. Not all dogs are alike, especially my Anatolian which are known not to listen - can never been off a leash.
Old 04-25-2005, 11:12 AM
Don't encourage me..

Poor Josie!! I hate non doggie people too!! Gus was wondering if the sausages we good? He's doing a survey on sausages and the level of drool they induce!!

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 04-25-2005, 12:09 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

smooches for your pooch..does sound like u got a bit of training to do..maybe Ct can help you with the "don't u dare leave without my permission"!