Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 01-11-2007, 10:19 PM
Fuzzy Pants

Default Akitas

Does anyone know of any outstanding Akita breeders? I've only found two to my liking. One is in Colorado, and the other is in Wales, UK.
I've spoken with both of them numerous times on personal levels, so perhaps I am being bias in saying they are good breeders.

Just wondering if anyone else knew any good breeders they could point me to. I've been waiting to get another Akita for yeasr, since my last one passed away at just 13 years old.

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-12-2007, 02:25 AM
Shiba Inu Slave

I know an outstanding one- in fact, I'll be seeing her this weekend at the Puyallup shows.

Gorgeous, typey dogs- not the "mastiffy" look that you see in a lot of American Akitas these days. I like Akitas with nice tight lips, good bone (but NOT overdone), and very Japanese expression- and these dogs have it.

Lovely temperaments, all health checks/genetic testing done, and multiple BIS and BISS show winners to put the cherry on top. Beyond this, several of the dogs have CGCs and obedience titles as well (quite a feat for Japanese breeds!)

She did very well at the last National, and actually her boy Cuervo most recently went BOB at Euk. if you watched it this year.

At some point in my life I'll have an Akita (I'm a sucker for the Japanese breeds...what can I say), and honestly, this is the breeder I would go to.

PM me if you'd like her website.

Old 01-15-2007, 02:23 PM
Taxiderpy

My brother has a very nice sound Akita with one of the most mellow, gentle, and friendly temperments I have ever seen in any dog. I'll ask him what the breeder's name is, I remember she's a Japanese girl and she's either in Idaho or Washington. I started saving up to get a puppy from her until we found our current dog at the pound. She has given them a lot of ongoing support throughout the whole puppy-raising process and lots of Akita specific socialization/handling advice.

She also sometimes gets longcoated puppies in the litters. Ranger is a black and white longcoat, and he looks exactly like a panda bear.
Old 03-16-2007, 06:28 PM
House Of Jurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempura tantrum View Post
I know an outstanding one- in fact, I'll be seeing her this weekend at the Puyallup shows.

Gorgeous, typey dogs- not the "mastiffy" look that you see in a lot of American Akitas these days. I like Akitas with nice tight lips, good bone (but NOT overdone), and very Japanese expression- and these dogs have it.

Lovely temperaments, all health checks/genetic testing done, and multiple BIS and BISS show winners to put the cherry on top. Beyond this, several of the dogs have CGCs and obedience titles as well (quite a feat for Japanese breeds!)

She did very well at the last National, and actually her boy Cuervo most recently went BOB at Euk. if you watched it this year.

At some point in my life I'll have an Akita (I'm a sucker for the Japanese breeds...what can I say), and honestly, this is the breeder I would go to.

PM me if you'd like her website.

I would be curious to know who you are talking about. I am not aware of any pure JA that did well at last years nationals. Hell, I am aware of only one that showed and that dog was from Italy.
I would just be curious to know what you deam to be "Japanese Expression" because on a AA, that would be totally incorrect.

As to the question at hand, I would assume you mean American Akitas? I can't really tell you who a "good" breeder would be as that would depend on your own definition. I can say that if I where to buy I would look to Sondaisa, Crown Royal and Kofuku-No.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:42 PM
Harumph™©®

There's been an akita in my family for ten years and I just adore her. She is part and parcel to my decision to get a dog. What a great dog she is. Sometimes I just can't WAIT to see her. I don't blame you for wanting another one.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:55 PM
Crazy Dog!

www.shintoakitas.com

Try checking them out.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:25 PM
Top Dog

Hello all... this caught my eye! Toscas' mom, I didn't know you had an Akita! So does my daughter. No wonder you're such an easy going person to talk to! Tempura Tamtrum, I'm sure now, that we've run into each other at shows. Small world! I'll come find you and say hello next time I see your dogs entry. I believe I can give a safe reccommendation for a "reputable" breeder, if you're still interested Chinchow. Welcome House of Jurai! I agree, Sondaisa and Crown Royal are breeders with outstanding dogs. I have competed against both. The dog named "Cuervo" that Tempura Tantrum spoke of, I believe is a Sondaisa dog, Ch. Sondaisa's Cuervo Gold. He is impressive and his breeder is well known in my area.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:38 PM
Harumph™©®

No I don't. It's my cousin's akita and we were raised together so we spend a LOT of time at each other's homes.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:48 PM
Top Dog

Yep.. I just checked. We all agree, Sondaisa is a great place/site to check out chinchow (Cuervo is Sullivans dog, as I'd thought.) I handled an Akita several years ago that placed over hers and that was a very big deal for my owners, as hers are beautiful dogs.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:51 PM
Top Dog

Oh! J just saw your post toscas mom. A very sweet looking Akita, even if it's a relatives. I love my daughters Akita. He's a big baby that thinks he's a lap dog and is terribly spoiled.