Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 04-11-2005, 10:04 AM
Top Dog

Talking I tasted the treat

I bought Brady some gourmet dog treats from this shop at the mall on Saturday. Well, they smelled so good. I didn't EAT any, I just thought I should lick one to make sure it was tasty and not gross for my boy. I licked one that was a peanut butter bone and it was half dipped in a yogurt. The yogurt was yummy.

Alright I will come clean, I also licked one that looked like a chocolate donut. It was hard like a cookie with the yogurt on top. They were expensive though for treats. I paid like $9.00 for 5 or 6 treats. But he liked them a lot.
Old 04-11-2005, 10:11 AM
Felurian

LOL! Don't feel too strange. I took some treats to my friend for her little Cocker. I'd gotten a couple that looked like tarts, made with carob, because one of our friends bakes tarts when she's stressed and Carter (the Cocker) just begs and begs for them. About a week later, I had lunch with both of them and they 'fessed up that they'd cut one of the pup-tarts up and tasted . . .

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-11-2005, 10:16 AM
Don't encourage me..

Oh i've eaten dog treat's before!! I don't know anyone who hasn't!! They look so nice!!

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 04-11-2005, 10:16 AM
Top Dog

LOL! Well, I told Liz what I had done and she said the lady told her that they were all human edible too, so I guess that is not so bad then. Brady was probably like "Mom, why are you licking my treats all of the sudden?" I wouldn't be too happy if my mom licked my food.
Old 04-11-2005, 10:21 AM
Felurian

You know Brady's going to expect you to reciprocate . . .

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-11-2005, 10:23 AM
Don't encourage me..

Lol!! Don't know if it's the same with Shiva and Brady but it only takes one lick for it all to be gone from the plate in this house!!

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 04-11-2005, 10:26 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav
Oh i've eaten dog treat's before!! I don't know anyone who hasn't!! They look so nice!!
I havent, although have been tempted!

Lucy

~ My Blog ~
Old 04-11-2005, 10:56 AM
Top Dog

I let Brady lick my plate every morning after breakfast. I sometimes leave him one bite at the end too since Renee talked about the last bite thing with her dogs. He patiently lies his head on my lap while I eat my eggs or toast, or whatever I have, and then I lie the plate on the coffee table when I am done, and he licks it.

Liz lets Jenny eat off her fork and spoon WHILE she is eating. I don't think I can do that one.

I did tell my hubby, Liz and Greg that I would prefer Brady to lick his bottom and give me a hundred kisses than to ever eat that Ethiopian food again. Liz agreed with me, but of course, we were being sarcastic. Well, maybe not.

Sorry for being gross.
Old 04-11-2005, 11:49 AM
Felurian

I dated a guy once who's dog would pull her lips back and take food from a fork without ever touching the fork!

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-11-2005, 11:52 AM
Top Dog

Wow! That is pretty cool. Brady has a long tongue that he has to make sure he gets every bit of food with. I did let him lick some peanut butter off a spoon last night after I was finished with it.