Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 06-09-2004, 06:10 PM
treehugging clicker freak

Default New Pup -- really a pup this time!

Quote:
As long as she's happy, I know you'll be happy for her. Another set of paws will wander into your lives before long, and, just as you say, you'll have room. But then, there will always be room in your heart and home for a wandering waif, I'm sure.
Before long? This is the shortest long ever... Sunday I got the call... got a new pup.
She's really a puppy this time, 5wks. It was a difficult birth that required a C section and "unfortunatly the mother didn't make it." So she's been bottle fed up until now - "weaned" a little early I daresay and she needs to be fostered instead of adopted out so she can be "raised right" because she's already had a hard time and doesn't need anymore trama. Have to be careful she doesn't develop seperation anxiety or anything like that. She seems really desperate to be with the other dogs. Maddie's treating her like she's her puppy, which is good for right now, but if they get too attatched it'll be hard when she's ready for a perminent (hopefully) home...
I'll post pictures and more later, but I got to go. She's just like a human baby, wakes up and wants to eat every 2hrs or so... I didn't prepare myself for the raising of a new pup, she cries all night long >.<

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 06-09-2004, 11:33 PM
Felurian

Good on you, Brattina! You know you won't be able to part with this one after you've raised her on a bottle. They just bond with you in a truly amazing way when you go through something like that together.

What kind of puppy is she - I mean, besides adorable, darling, irresistable . . .
Old 06-14-2004, 11:59 AM
treehugging clicker freak

I've forgotten how much work it is to raise a puppy!
She's an adorable, darling, irresistable little fluff ball! Actually I'm told she's a pure Shih Tzu, but the 'breeder' (and why does backyard breeder come to mind when they say this?) doesn't akc register them, not that that matters. She's mostly white with light brown markings dominently on her ears. I'll post pictures as soon as I upload them. I'm tired, but I think its worth it - she's Sooo cute!

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 06-14-2004, 05:56 PM
Alpha Dog

Congrats on the new addition !!!

Chazhound