Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 01-08-2007, 07:47 PM
Top Dog

Grammy was sooo privileged to meet Kharma in person !!! My little pony !

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 01-08-2007, 07:59 PM
Twin 2.0

No kidding! And Kharma was lady-like enough to tolorate me trying 900 times to get a picture of her kissing me without taking a hunk out of my face. I go through those pictures occasionally and just smile.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:01 PM
Felurian

Kharma was just waiting for an opportunity to slip you the tongue, lol! She thinks it's a great joke - and it is - when it's someone else

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-08-2007, 09:07 PM
Top Dog

Post those pictures !!! What a grand gal !!! Just like her Momma !

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 01-08-2007, 11:04 PM
Felurian

OH! And watching them hunt is a TRIP . . .

Both Grrrls followed Bimmer around religiously - he is the master of the hunt and he took it upon himself to teach them, not only the hunt, but the etiquette of the hunt. They learned in a hurry that if you kill it, you eat it. If someone else kills eat, leave it alone.

Shiva caught her first groundhog when she was about six months old. Bimmer had it scoped for her and kept its attention and let her take the kill. She was so proud of herself! Just ran right in there with no to-do at all and snatched it up and crushed its throat like he taught her. Bimmer doesn't kill like a dog, he kills silently like a wolf and he's taught the grrrrls how to do the same. Shiva pranced up to him and showed it to him, wriggling all over, then pranced over to me to show it to me.

And to eat it.

She wasn't quite sure about how to go about eating a groundhog, so she started head first. Grabbed the tongue and started pulling on it like it was a stubborn string of melted cheese on a pizza . . . . When she got that part dealt with and started crunching the head it was time for me to go inside . . .

Kharma caught her first groundhog with Bimmer's assistance when she was five and a half months old. She's more of a stalker than Shiva, and she crouched down like a cat - even with the feline butt-wiggle just before charging and pouncing. Got him too. She was so excited she forgot where to bite to kill so she just started biting down from one end of the groundhog to the other. Had to feel sorry for the poor varmint! It was quick though.

Kharma dragged her kill off under the bushes without further ado and had her snack.

I tell people they like fast food - anything that's not quite fast enough to get away.

Shiva has figured out how to kill skunks without getting sprayed. She seems to think they are pretty tasty, too. We keep finding skunk pelts in the yard - clean of meat with just the top of the head still attached and underneath the tail where the musk glands are located. She'll have just a faint odor around her jowls . . .

Kharma is death on the big, vicious barn rats.

And they both have an ongoing feud with the squirrels

A coyote ran across the road in front of the car the other night when I had Kharma with me. Every time we come to that section of road now she's up and alert, watching out the car windows for it.

Filas hold a grudge. Forever. But those are other stories

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-08-2007, 11:18 PM
Puppy Dog

I think I would have to go inside of my dog started chewing on a groundhog, but good for the girls anyway
They must love living in an area (I will assume farm/ranch? Please correct me if I'm wrong) that allows them to learn all these things and have so much fun
Old 01-08-2007, 11:29 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Oh I never tire of stories about the grrrls and Bimmer.

So sorry about your hand, Renee. I hope it heals quickly.

*waits impatiently for hubby's Fila*

Old 01-08-2007, 11:38 PM
Feelin' Froggy? Jump!

Ah a fila thread!

I had two male filas up until last year, when sadly both were put down.

Its a very unique breed and I have great respect for the people who own them.

Nice to see some fila owners on chazhound!

ryan

"Friendship is like someone peeing on you, everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings"

"Never take life seriously. No one ever gets out of it alive"

"You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, "never try" ."
Old 01-09-2007, 01:09 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Filas are gorgeous. I'm really crossing my fingers that they stay a "rare" breed.

Renee, your girls are so pretty!

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 01-09-2007, 09:06 AM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
I think I would have to go inside of my dog started chewing on a groundhog, but good for the girls anyway
They must love living in an area (I will assume farm/ranch? Please correct me if I'm wrong) that allows them to learn all these things and have so much fun
Right now we're on Charley's 60+ acre farm. Kharma's not having much fun now, though, because I can't turn her loose at all now that Charley's decided to feed the cows in the lower pasture right by the house all winter

I'm trying to get my fence at my house in town up to snuff so she can be loose and run. My lot is huge - goes all the way across the block, and about 2/3 of it is actually pretty densely wooded. There are all sorts of varmints back there, too. I've had possums get in the house a couple of times. My cat dispatched both of them! And they were bigger than he is

They all seem to really enjoy being in town. They take turns coming in to the store with me. Shiva is in the TV commercials for the store. A total Diva.

Kharma is now obsessed with power lines. If we're out for a walk, she'll focus on particular segments and will dance around on her hind legs, waving her big front paws in the air, barking and snapping and growling. Freaks people out, lol! There are a couple of stretches down the highway that have caught her attention too . . . The other two don't have any issues at all with power lines. Go figure.

Kharma's also the only dog I've ever known to pay attention to the sky. She seems to note the changes in the moon; reacting very obviously to the different phases, and she gets quite perturbed when she can't find the moon when it's new. She watches aircraft, and she has a real dislike of those little one person open air craft.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian