Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 01-06-2007, 05:25 PM
Top Dog

Default Wanting a Labradoodle =)

Hey everyone! In a couple of years, I'm thinking about getting a Labradoodle. I already have a purebred lab, and I love her a lot and labs in general are great, so I'm thinking about these guys! Now, before you jump on me, I DO believe that the intentional breeding of these is VERY wrong. That's why I was wondering if anyone had any good rescues for them. Also, I would love to know their temperment better, if anyone has one. Also, how big do they normally get? I would rather an adult to a puppy, but I'll welcome any age. Thank you for your help!
Old 01-06-2007, 05:46 PM
Ruled by a RED boy!

www.petfinder.com
Old 01-06-2007, 06:00 PM
Top Dog

Thanks!
Old 01-06-2007, 06:06 PM
Top Dog

If you want a true Labradoodle ...go with the Australian breeding .... at least 3 generations . Otherwise if you go with a first Lab/Poodle breeding you're paying for a high priced mutt. Petfinder would be good .... you see what you get and aren't paying an arm and a leg.

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 01-06-2007, 06:08 PM
Training the Trainer

Thanks for that Grammy.

I have two Australian Labradoodles, and they are undoubtedly the most joyous, wonderful, beautiful dogs I've ever had the pleasure of sharing my life with.

That being said, if you are in the States you are most likely to get an F1 cross so please only get one from a shelter, because there'll be plenty there. They are hard work as puppies, but you already have a lab so you'll be well prepared.

They are darling dogs, and I adore them. The doodle craze that resulted from the original planned breeding of these dogs is sickening and disgusting, however, if you can rescue one of these adorable dogs you'll never regret it.

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare, and love we can spare. In return they give us their all. It is the best deal man has ever made
Old 01-06-2007, 06:09 PM
Top Dog

That's why I want to rescue. I would never get one from a breeder, no matter how "reptuable" it is. Thanks for the information, though!
Old 01-06-2007, 06:13 PM
Training the Trainer

The intentional breeding of these dogs is not wrong when it is purely for the purpose of bettering this dog to become registered as a proper breed. That is how nearly all of our registered breeds are with us today.

However, the BYBs and puppy-millers out there who do it to make a profit and cross Labs with Poodles willy-nilly is horrific and disgusting and all too common. I applaud you for your attitude and am sure that some poor little doggy will find a loving home with you.

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare, and love we can spare. In return they give us their all. It is the best deal man has ever made
Old 01-06-2007, 06:15 PM
Top Dog

I guess the only Labradoodle breeders I know are all BYBs. I've seen so many of them in petshops, too, it's unreal.
Old 01-06-2007, 06:23 PM
Training the Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picklepaige View Post
I guess the only Labradoodle breeders I know are all BYBs. I've seen so many of them in petshops, too, it's unreal.
I know, isn't it? It breaks my heart, because they are a truly wonderful dog who highly deserve to become a truly wonderful registered breed. Ohhh I can't wait until you get yours - they are SUCH a delight!

Old 01-06-2007, 06:25 PM

This is one rescue organization that I'm involved with. Sadly, there are often quite a few to choose from.

http://www.poomixrescue.com/dog_types.html

I LOVE my new siggy Baxter'smybaby, THANK YOU SO MUCH....you're the BEST!!!!!!!

http://www.diamondintheruffcalgary.com/