Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 07-06-2005, 06:18 AM
user not active

Do you have to cut their hair or do they shed?
Old 07-06-2005, 09:43 AM
Big German Shepherd

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrose_s
but is looks really worth destroying your dogs body language tools and causing a puppy pain, obvisouly not
It does not destroy your dogs body language. Rocky's ears stand naturally and his ears are actually VERY expressive.
Old 07-06-2005, 09:45 AM
Big German Shepherd

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliNHunter
Ok, we'll just agree to disagree. You destroyed the natural beauty of a dog expressing themselves and not to be in pain for your gain. You already wrote that the non-cropped ears are nice, also. And how can you say a little nub of a tail quivering back and forth is any exception for a natural big tail wagging? Did you do it for breeding purposes? If so, I guess you would want your sire to have the desired traits that other breeders are looking for. Most of the people on this board, however, just love dogs for being dogs. So, I hope you understand this stance. If I ever had a dobe, for instance, I'd want him floppy eared and long tailed!
I can't believe what people are saying. It's actually quite funny. I've met a very expressive Boxer with cropped ears and a docked tail... what's so wrong with it?
Old 07-06-2005, 10:01 AM
Taco Dog

BigDog,
People just like to find something to complain about on this forum. Instead of just saying how pretty the dog is, they just had to jump straight to blessing this guy out for something that is done already. No, I don't really care for ear cropping or tail docking either. I have seen it done, and I don't like it. But, my god. People on here have their pants on too tight or something. Because lately, all I have seen is griping.

Personally, I never want to come back again. See ya all later Chazhound. This was the last straw. I am so tired of you guys finding everything you can wrong with another person as if you are so high and mighty to sit up on some throne and judge.
I will find another animal lover site where the people actually "like" humans too.

"A righteous man has regard for the life of his beast." Proverbs 12:10

http://www.petfinder.com
Old 07-06-2005, 11:12 AM
Active Pup

Sorry to add to the off-topic chatter here, but It is kind of crazy that some folks here would immediately put down a dog owner who has a cropped/docked breed.

My parents had a birthmark surgically removed from my back when i was an infant because they didn't think it would look good when i grew up although it posed no health concerns. I betcha that hurt like a son of a b*tch when that was coming off....you know, i think i should take them to court and fight for damages. You know what, they also circumcised me...lets ban that too!
Old 07-06-2005, 02:01 PM
woof!

Your dog is so adorable!!!

I want to give her a hug!!!

Personaly I like more the big schnazers
Old 07-06-2005, 02:49 PM
Wolfpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyblue5290
I have a question.....are giant schnauzer only black?
I know the smaller ones can be salt and pepper colored as well as black, but I've only seen the giants black.....is that the only color for them?

Babyblue,gigant schnauzers are both black and salt and pepper but the ones salt and pepper are rare.
Standard schnazers I know that are salt and pepper and I don't know if there are also black..
And the mini schnauzers are salt and pepper, black, black and silver and white...

Siemens716 your schnauzer is GORGEOUS!!!I love her.And I admitt that I love them more with cropped years and tail off...but I also have to admitt that is a little torture for the dog...well..
I used to work for a vet, dog hair stylist and he breeds schnauzers.Before I met him I didn't care so much for schnauzers but now I really am inlove with this breed.I think they are great!!His dogs looks a lot like yours..I don't know maybe you know his dogs...taras is saying something to you?Well if you want more informations ask me.
Kiss Kiss
Nicco

PS: your dog is beautiful.Really!!!

Old 07-06-2005, 02:55 PM
Big Dog

Cute dog!!!
Old 07-06-2005, 03:51 PM
Top Dog

Pro.....I don't think people were knocking each other.....they are giving opinions , which is their due. If the like the natural dogs, so be it. If they like the cropping, so be it !
Old 07-06-2005, 05:58 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog2191
I can't believe what people are saying. It's actually quite funny. I've met a very expressive Boxer with cropped ears and a docked tail... what's so wrong with it?
I just don't like the unnecessary pain inflicted upon an animal. That's why I'm against it. Like I said before, if I had a dobie, he/she would be floppy earred and long tailed

I'm SO GLAD Rocky's beautiful ears stand at attention naturally! Congrats on your gorgeous pup who's a totally natural beauty.