Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 04-25-2005, 09:27 AM
Love my pets

She is so beautiful! Both of your dogs look like they're very happy in their home!
Old 04-25-2005, 02:22 PM
Top Dog

Nice dog. I saw one in person and they are soooo huge. It was probably up to my chest line and as long as my body. I think the owner told me that he got it in Germany. They are big.
Old 04-25-2005, 06:44 PM
Top Dog

I know the U.S. hasn't caught on yet with the whole ear-cropping, tail-docking issue. Europe sure has! Italy is banning it. As are some other countries. Guess our getting caught up in "appearance" is everything here in the states. No pain, no gain for our personal pleasure. I'm sure my lab would look very cute with his ears cropped, too. Hey! I could start a new breed! Start cropping labs ears, docking their tails, and mixing them with poodles to start a German Labradoodle!? That would be cool. Never forget some punk in highschool during the 70's that brought a baby pig to school for his assignment in showing how to cut their tails off. That poor piglet screamed bloody murder from the pain forever and forever. It made me sick.
Old 04-25-2005, 07:50 PM
Show Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrose_s
but is looks really worth destroying your dogs body language tools and causing a puppy pain, obvisouly not

i did not destroy anything. As I wrote her ears are very expressive and so is her tail.

Puppies suffer pain for a number of reasons. And fortunately Schnapps had a very good vet do the croppings. so it minimized the pain and danger of infection, etc...

And yes, looks are important. I chose not to get other breeds because I find them unattractive. But this is only a small reason in the big picture anyway.
Old 04-25-2005, 08:00 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by siemens716
i did not destroy anything. As I wrote her ears are very expressive and so is her tail.

Puppies suffer pain for a number of reasons. And fortunately Schnapps had a very good vet do the croppings. so it minimized the pain and danger of infection, etc...

And yes, looks are important. I chose not to get other breeds because I find them unattractive. But this is only a small reason in the big picture anyway.
Ok, we'll just agree to disagree. You destroyed the natural beauty of a dog expressing themselves and not to be in pain for your gain. You already wrote that the non-cropped ears are nice, also. And how can you say a little nub of a tail quivering back and forth is any exception for a natural big tail wagging? Did you do it for breeding purposes? If so, I guess you would want your sire to have the desired traits that other breeders are looking for. Most of the people on this board, however, just love dogs for being dogs. So, I hope you understand this stance. If I ever had a dobe, for instance, I'd want him floppy eared and long tailed!
Old 04-25-2005, 08:43 PM
Show Dog

I understand that many people don't like cropped ears/tails. There are many who do. I am one of them.
Old 04-25-2005, 08:51 PM
BusterLove

i personally, think docked tails look cuter on things like german shorthaired pointers, but i would never do it. I hate it.
as for ear cropping, i think it looks unnatural and does not add to the looks of the dog at all

Old 04-25-2005, 10:55 PM
Show Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrose_s
i personally, think docked tails look cuter on things like german shorthaired pointers, but i would never do it. I hate it.
as for ear cropping, i think it looks unnatural and does not add to the looks of the dog at all

Thanks for your opinion. Again.
Old 04-25-2005, 11:00 PM
BusterLove

my pleasure

Old 04-26-2005, 12:26 AM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Your dog is beatiful with or without the docking/cropping.
I bet she is really happy with you.

I noticed the choke chain and was wondering if that was how you trained her to walk on a leash nicely?