Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-24-2005, 03:33 AM
Show Dog

Give them Canidae. Its like $25 for 40lb.
Old 04-24-2005, 03:38 AM
Dog Spoiler

Ahhhh I used the store locator and theres no dealers in my area that sell Canidae. Looked into it though, looks like good food.

Oh yeah, Welcome to the forums.

-Jon
Old 04-24-2005, 12:15 PM
Felurian

Canidae is one of the better foods. I really don't think it's up to the standard of the Innova though, especially the EVO. I looked at it when I was choosing dog foods and after learning about the Innova didn't give it a second thought. I'd also have to feed a considerably larger amount to them, which negates any theoretical savings on the front end.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-24-2005, 05:29 PM
Love my pets

I just bought the Innova Large Breed Puppy Food from a local pet store and she charged me $51 for the 33 lb. bag. I bought it since she ordered it for me when it came out this week, but I'm gonig to check with the place I usually go to and see if it's that much. I know I didn't pay that much for the regular Innova. I like supporting small businesses, but I think she's charging a bit too much.
Old 04-24-2005, 06:35 PM
Quigleyfied

shredhead, have you calculated your daily feeding cost vs. the cost of the bag of food? innova has about 1/3 more calories than most other mainstream foods and also weighs roughly 30% more per cup, so you really need to take that into consideration.

and yes, canidae is a good food, but it doesn't quite measure up to the standard of any natura products. the people at canidae are also not as trustworthy and forthcoming with specific information and in one case even ignored my attempts to get to the bottom of an unannounced change of their formulation. i'm not going to elaborate (anyone who wants to know more can email me), but this incident has definitely changed my perception of their product and integrity.
- Product Research

I've been frosted!
Old 04-24-2005, 06:38 PM
Dog Spoiler

Mordy, what other dog foods do you think are up to the standards of Innova?

-Jon
Old 04-25-2005, 09:03 AM
Love my pets

Well I paid $51 for a 33 lb. bag of Innova Large Breed Puppy food. I called the other store I sometimes go to and they sell it for $44. Can't believe how much it can differ in price.
Old 04-26-2005, 01:58 PM
Top Dog

Haven't found it anywhere around here.
Old 04-26-2005, 03:49 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb04
Well I paid $51 for a 33 lb. bag of Innova Large Breed Puppy food. I called the other store I sometimes go to and they sell it for $44. Can't believe how much it can differ in price.
The less expensive store may actually be the distributor in the area and the other store may purchase through them at a wholesale price. That still wouldn't be a legitimate reason for such a big difference in price, as the wholesale price should leave them room to sell near the average retail price and make a profit. It sounds like the $51 store is doing some price gouging.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-26-2005, 04:09 PM
Top Dog

Default Opinions Please!!!!

Everyone, how do you like Innova as a food? Do your dogs like it? How is the quality of their coat etc.? I am considering switching my dogs over and feeding Innova EVO...can this food be fed as the sole diet? Opinions please!!