Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 01-02-2007, 10:53 PM
We are Home.

they are filled with cement lol. itd take a construction crew to move them lol.

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 01-03-2007, 06:19 AM
Top Dog

Is that normal for barrel racing? I feel like I've seen horses tip the barrels over when competing. Now I'm just curious!

Old 01-03-2007, 02:30 PM
Top Dog

Me too!--I would think that cement would hurt like crazy if you hit it! Are the heavy barrels for training purposes? I guess they would be a great incentive to not hit a barrel LOL!
Hope your horse heals ok--it really does depend on the horse and the specific injury. I would say get as much veterinary advice as you can, and then bring him back very, very carefully, any sign of stress, back off. Many horses come back after injuries. Like BostonBanker, I had a horse with a suspensory ligament injury--a hind leg. which is more rare and difficult to treat--at least it was 19 years ago--I rested her a year, brought her back slowly and she was ok for about 6 months--then she cast herself in her stall and apparently reinjured it--she was never really right after that. My friend had a horse with a small front suspendory tear and he was fine in 3 months--it really just depends.
I don't have any real experience with fractures, but know horses are capable of amazing comebacks. Just keep in mind that that barrel racing not only has the stress of high speed, but there is a lot of stress on those legs wrapping around a barrel-- I would just be really really cautious and give him lots of time to heal and recondition. I really hope he gets better soon and stays healthy and sound. I'll be rooting for you!
Old 01-03-2007, 03:52 PM
We are Home.

i put the cement in his set becuase ummm he loves ot make me fall on them yes he hates me lol. He should be fine Im jsut over cautious lol. but thanks
im rooting for him too lol.

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie