Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 04-22-2005, 03:13 AM
BusterLove

Default rabbit harness

im looking at getting a harness for my rabbit, i dont want her to be scared of them, mum disagrees because i cant take her walking because of vicous dogs, but i just want to walk her around the front yard anyway, so she can somewhere new and not run away.

Where would i buy a harness and should i get one?

Old 04-22-2005, 12:35 PM
Island dweller

They sell them at pet shops. Some people use cat ones but it's a lot easier for bunnies to slip out of them.

You can walk your rabbit. I knew a girl that took her rabbit to the beach every day. The rabbit didn't do much walking there but she was really happy to play in the sand.

Another woman I know converted one of those grocery carts - you know the wire ones that old ladies use to bring their groceries home in? - she made that into a rolling rabbit stroller. She put hay in the bottom and a house. a water bottle and some toys... and they'd go and visit people. I can probably find a pic. it's an online friend.
Old 04-22-2005, 12:38 PM
Island dweller

Check out this thread
http://www.phpbber.com/phpbb/viewtop...mforum=binkies
Old 04-22-2005, 12:43 PM
Top Dog

On the rabbit forum I am a member of there is a Flemish giant named Apollo who regularly strolls around in a stroller. He goes to his boys baseball games, 4-H fairs, and anywhere else that is bunny friendly. He stays in the stroller and actually has learned to scratch when he needs to get out to go potty. It is really cute!

Old 04-23-2005, 03:45 AM
BusterLove

ok, cool
thanks, i got $20 today so ill look in the pet shop tomorow, i want to get her used to it now while she is still small.
what age is good do you think?
we are guessing the are about 6 months now

Old 04-23-2005, 01:28 PM
Island dweller

well 6 months just about an adult bunny so you can start getting her used to it now
Old 04-23-2005, 10:28 PM
BusterLove

ok, yeah thats only a guess though, we got them december 25th (xmas presents from mum) which was nice because mum said she didnt want other animals that had to be kept in a cage, plus, when we were younger we had 2 bunnies each amd they died, we didnt look after it properly and i feel really bad.
But snowflake my second and jesse, grace's second bunnies were both strays when we got them, snowflakes owners got offered him back and they said they didnt want him, poor thing. But we have willow and thistle now and they sleep inside and everything

Old 04-23-2005, 11:32 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

willow and thistle are just the best names for your bunnies..i am so happy they are inside and everything!
Old 04-24-2005, 01:54 AM
BusterLove

thanks. willow was going to be called bonzie, but grace changed her mind.
when we move out, grace and i decided i would take them, she loves willow and all, but would rather not have her split up, plus i love them heaps and would not want to leave without them, so i am taking them to my place when i leave.

at the moment they have a top loading cage, i want to get a side one so its easier for them to get out.

they stay outside usually through the day in their cage tho coz buster wants to eat them (cattle dog, fox terrier X, go figure) and they stay inside at night with a fan on them all the time, they are just SO spoilt LOL