Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 12-28-2006, 03:43 AM
Top Dog

Well this specific guy I mentioned is James Yoder. There is also Daniel P. Esh in Lancaster County in PA. And Jonas and Henry Lapp in Chester County PA.

http://www.newhousenews.com/archive/murray112805.html

http://www.columbusdogconnection.com...llArticles.htm

There is also this news report. This particular article mentions Curtis Beachy who is a private breeder "in the heart of Amish country", but I will give you that one, it doesn't actually say that HE is Amish himself.

Plus I know of specific rescues who went to the Amish run auctions. I just know of this all from working at various rescue shelters around here and from the 2 humane officers I worked with in the past few years. I have heard the reports of what they have found in their years of being officers.

Many of the Amish run mills are in Tuscarawas County, Holmes County, Morrow County, Coshockton County. And Lancaster County in PA.

The New Jersey SPCA has a small article about the dogs they removed from one as well. http://www.njcapsa.org/ "The majority of puppy mills are located in the Midwest, but several hundred are also found in PA's Lancaster County, where Amish & Mennonite breeders flourish in “the puppy mill capital of the East."

There is also a Mennonite-owned puppy mill in New York's Finger Lakes Region.

AND last but not least, Petland buys from the Hunte Coorporation which buys directly from teh Amish and Mennonite Puppy mills.

Here is a list of a few in Millersburg, OH which is Holmes county:
-Stoneywoods Kennel, Mayacre Kennel and Redoys Kennel run by Ervin, Myron, Naomi and Andrew Yoder
-Creekside Kennels run by Christ Yoder
-M & R Kennel run by Marlin Troyer
-Weaver Kennel run by Andy and Lena Weaver
-Long Lane Kennel and Golden View Kennel run by Ervin Raber
-The Buckeye Dog Auction run by Ella Raber

I think that should do it.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:17 AM
Show Dog

OK, thanks. I lived in chester county on the border with lancaster county, so I should be able to find something out.

The "Dad, Dog and Fish" Book Blog: http://daddogandfish.blogspot.com/
Old 12-28-2006, 01:40 PM
Top Dog

Snook this isn't something new-everyone knows about it. to them its another product to sell and they are not treated as a pet but as something to profit from.

There are many great amish people,but they view things diffrently from us. to them puppymilling is jsut another way to make money. Its not a good thing and hopefully some of the education people are trying to do is helping.

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber
Old 12-28-2006, 01:49 PM
Puppy Dog

i dont know how to put this without getting acussed of taking sides as im not but the point i want to make is be very careful of what you are saying as in this country you can be sued for defamation of character and slander and by actually puting the things you are saying in writing you could end up with a law suit against you, please be carefull as i would hate any of you to get into trouble for your opinions, i understand how we can get upset by things like this but make sure you are only writing what is fact.
Old 12-28-2006, 02:28 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollybea View Post
i dont know how to put this without getting acussed of taking sides as im not but the point i want to make is be very careful of what you are saying as in this country you can be sued for defamation of character and slander and by actually puting the things you are saying in writing you could end up with a law suit against you, please be carefull as i would hate any of you to get into trouble for your opinions, i understand how we can get upset by things like this but make sure you are only writing what is fact.
Most of what I wrote is in file available to the public or from articles and websites.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:23 PM
Crazy woman!

In my opinion,saying all puppymills are run by the amish comunity is racist.I know a great many amish folks who would gladly shoot a BYB or a puppy-farmer for their awful deeds.
Im not saying that they're all angels,far from it.but every community has a few bad apples.In my words,saying that all BYB and puppy-farmers ar amish is exactly the same as saying all pit-bulls are evil,which is not true!
Old 03-29-2007, 03:29 PM
Chihuahua Power!

No, not all Amish people are puppymillers... but there are many, many Amish puppymills. Lancaster, PA is the #1 puppymilling county. This, in itself, says something.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep