Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 12-23-2006, 09:07 AM
Top Dog

Another forum I am part of has a system of regulation whereby each member can judge an individual post to be good, bad or not vote at all. In this sorry thread, Otch1 would have an outstanding positive vote. I do not need to comment on the OP.

Otch1 that was helpful, non-judgemental and totally cool. You are my hero.
Old 12-23-2006, 09:40 AM
Water Junkie

Quote:
I DONT CARE IF YOUR DOG KILLED YOUR HAMSTER WHOEVER POSTED THAT BECAUSE IT IS IN A BOXERS BLOOD TO KILL HAMSTERS BUT IT IS NOT IN A DWARF HAMSTERS BLOOD TO KILL ANOTHER DWARF.
Here we go again on the "bully" breeds are not friendly!

Quote:
YOU ALL ACT LIKE IMMATURE KIDS PRETENDING TO BE ADULTS VANDALIZING THIS FORUM.

I agree with Tucker&Me

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 12-23-2006, 09:55 AM
Top Dog

Sorry kiddies but when it comes down to it its your parents that own the pets and this kids parents are irrresponcible and did not think this through at all. There are lots of kids that would do great with pets but if their parents can't agree to take that on it can't happen.

I'm not exactly sure why it is so deamining to say that.I get some kids can handle it,I had pets when I was little but my parents would have beat me if I told them I was letting them go-they knew they had final responcibility with them.

My point is a little kid should not be making life or death decision with their hamster because they have no clue-thats why you have parents at this age.

Its the same reason I feel bad for kids who would take care of pets but if their parents are not going to vet them etc then its jsut to bad-I firmly beleive if a parent won't take responcibility for a pet then it should not be in the home. A kid could love and care for any pet great but when it comes down to a 1400$ vet bill a kid can't own a dog on their own.

And I don't mean that to be offensive but you see posts like that all the time on dog forums-"I'm 12,love my dog,and my parents won't get it surgery to take off this hanging tumor-or keep ot from having puppies etc".

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber

Last edited by joce; 12-23-2006 at 10:13 AM.
Old 12-23-2006, 10:14 AM
Brittany

WOW!

I have had 3 dwarf hamsters (2 which are still living today) and one teddy bear hamster which recently passed away of old age(he lived to be 3!) This is not against whoever posted that kids shouldn't have pets, this is to inform the OP that some people actually care about thier pets like almost everyone here on Chaz... I NEVER would put my hamsters together for this exact reason. I know that most dwarfs can live fine and happily together, BUT I don't like taking risks with living, breathing animals, therefore from the second i got them(about 2 months apart) they were in their own seperate habitrails... Never once did I consider getting 2 at once for a "companion" because I know that they can live just as happily when on thier own. ANYWAY, my point is, you have to plan for the future, and when you got your hamsters you should of considered the possibility of them hurting eachother and prepared for it... What would you do if you were put in a cage with another person and were expected to live with them your whole life? Your bound (sp?) to fight sometime and although you might not kill the other person, hamsters don't know any better... I absolutely HATE animal cruelty and personally, I think that the cruel people should be put under the circumstances that they put their pets in!

BTW: One of my hamsters, Chip, was very vicious when I got him, and after about 2 months of having him and proper training he became the most loving hamster you would ever meet... All it takes is time and patience to love an animal... Your hamster and animals in general give you their whole life and all of their love and the least you can do is give some love back
Old 12-23-2006, 10:41 AM

I think that this problem has been resolved. It's time to end this now as it has gone beyond the original topic.

I LOVE my new siggy Baxter'smybaby, THANK YOU SO MUCH....you're the BEST!!!!!!!

http://www.diamondintheruffcalgary.com/
Old 12-23-2006, 10:43 AM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

^^^^ Agreed.
Old 12-23-2006, 11:00 AM
Water Junkie

Yes Dr2little

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 12-23-2006, 03:53 PM
Never enough pets

I guess she wasn't mine after all. She was given to a 6 year old and then given back..eek.

Don't get all worked up on me anyone, I have done nothing whatsoever.
Otch, why don't you take her? Or is that like impossible for you?
P.S. Sorry I couldnt make it to the show
Old 12-23-2006, 04:00 PM
Active Pup

Why were you guys still getting worked up? She wasn't get thrown outside, or is that not good enough for you?
Thanks for the coo post Otch. And yeah, why don't you take her?
The hamster is fine. She went to a 6 year old for 30 minutes and came right back. I guess we are going to find a rescue or something in the area if I can. I know of an all pet rescue one of my friends called for their leopard gecko and maybe I will call them. But that is only going to happen if I cannot find a home for her by myself this month. I posted her on craigslist & petfinder. I don't usually post pets on craigslist but in this case it's fine. Petfinder helped me find a home for my GSD, too.
Breawna (neopit) spent the weekend here & took her out with leather gloves. She no longer bites and will climb right up onto your hand. I never new an evil little hamster like her could turn into such a sweetpea. I am still not going to keep her though, she will go to another home nice and tame, if that's possible. She only comes when she feels like it.
I really need a home for her. Does anyone know of anyone or does anyone themselves want to adopt her?
Old 12-23-2006, 04:58 PM
Top Dog

Hi all... thanks Skyeboxer, that was very nice of you. And Rupert, yes... I will take her. I am emailing you with my phone number today. Not a problem. She isn't an appropriate pet for a 6 yr old. Your feelings for her are not likely to change, now that she's killed another one of your pets. That's o.k... there's the right home out there for every creature. I'm busy with my boarding business thru Christmas, you're welcome to bring her to me after that. And Neopolitan, you didn't miss the show. I have several coming up in January. Come on out if you want to see some cool dogs!