OMG Nooooo! =( [doodle rant]

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
I went to the dog park today with Fozzie, Gonzo & my friend Christine with her Aussie, Chase. Everything was going well, until....

A dog & a couple came in. The dog looked like a really leggy, goofy Portugese Water Dog gone wrong. It was black with white markings, had a "gay tail" with long hair, had a short wavy-ish curly-ish coat, and was bouncing all over the place. Like, allll over. Even Fozzie was annoyed by this dog, and Fozzie never gets annoyed. I noticed it had no recall at all and was just bouncing around pretty rudely.

We were sitting and the dog was jumping on our laps, but we laughed & just assumed it was a cute mix pup. Then, I asked the man what breeds of dog he was. That is when my worst nightmare came to life....

"BORDERDOODLE."

WTH? Srsly. The wierdest, most unnecessary, unbelievable combination of breeds... and it's intentional... and it cost $1200! This dog was a big ball of energy & nerves, combined with bounciness, combined with herding drive. >:[ I never would've guessed this dog had any BC in him, because he had none of the sensitivity or intelligence (no offense) or focus or loyalty that a BC has. It just seems completely wrong. I guess now that I've actually MET a doodle that completely messes up my favorite breed, it really makes me sad about this whole trend.

He looked similar to this dog, except his coat was curlier and his body was shaved pretty close.

note: this isn't against anyone's poodle mix, or against the dog itself who was cute, just against what this means to "my" breed. :[

RD

Are you dead yet?
The Border Collie and the Poodle are two breeds that just weren't meant to be mixed. Poodles are bouncy and joyful and in-your-face, while most (I say most because mine happens to be an in-your-face dog) BCs are more quiet, reserved and.. "slinky". I've met one "borderdoodle" and the dog had the energy of the BC with none of the control that most BCs have. He was all over the place. :-/

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
Chinchow, I know... this one did not look as much like an OES, though. His coat was curlier, and he was skinner & leggier. I guess it would vary a lot.

RD, exactly!!!! There is no reason for it. None, at all. Gonzo is definitely "slinky" & reserved. It just seems like a pretty disasterous combination. Much moreso than even Borderjacks! =( And the man was like, "Yeah, this breed is supposed to be the smartest out there". Which was not too apparent, seeing as the dog was too busy bouncing everywhere to listen to any commands at all.

Toller_08

A Borderdoodle?! That's absolutely insane. I couldn't imagine ever mixing those two breeds together and having good results. Wow. I wish this entire trend would just end.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
NOOOOO! They've crossed the line! Just wait until someone is on the side of the road selling "Filadoodles" for $2500.

bubbatd

Maybe I should rethink Ollie and go with the trend !! I know he's 1/2 Golden , and suspect the other 1/2 is Chessie . Was Poodle on PetFinder . Has long legs. What fancy name can I give him ??

~Tucker&Me~

:yikes:

WHAT?!?! Some one please explain to me why...

WTH do they want? Either get a poodle, or a BC.

LOL, Filadoodle... Kill me now :rolleyes: .

~Tucker

Members online