Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 12-20-2006, 09:40 AM
Chihuahua Power!

She is the same girl who I made the thread about whose vet said that purebred dogs only have pink gums, and any dog with black/pink gums is mixed. Her breeder is also a BYB, I would not consider either of these people "professionals."

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 12-20-2006, 09:42 AM
Top Dog

Instead of saying responsible breeders would never breed a Chi that small, did you give her contact information to those breeders? Articles by Chi breeders? Might have helped the situation more instead of just repeating yourself.

I'm glad her breeder told her not to (who is "beatysbabies??"), hopefully she gets her spayed.
Old 12-20-2006, 11:59 AM
Top Dog

She posted it's no go in #37.

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 12-20-2006, 12:01 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbatd View Post
She posted it's no go in #37.
I noticed that yesterday too. . .I was so relieved.
Old 12-20-2006, 03:44 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppydog View Post
I am confused as to why people don't read things properly. She said she would not breed if she was told by a professional that she knows and trusts told her not to. Why is everyone on this forum so quick to drag out the pitch forks?

She made it very clear that she would not breed if there was a danger, yet she was still called names and attacked. I am confused with this forum.
VERY well said!!!
Old 12-21-2006, 07:30 AM
BusterLove

can i get a link to this site please? i wanna see

Old 12-21-2006, 10:09 AM
Top Dog

ouch, poor dog i really hope that the vet says no and if he is who she says he is then he probaly will, It's like on another forum there was one girl who was breeding labradoddles every heat cycle, cause they were cute! luckly me and another person on the forum managed to tell her that it was a bad idea. I really just wanted to shout at her but then she wouldn't have listened, good luck and i hope she listens in the end.
Old 12-22-2006, 09:25 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_poppy View Post
ouch, poor dog i really hope that the vet says no and if he is who she says he is then he probaly will, It's like on another forum there was one girl who was breeding labradoddles every heat cycle, cause they were cute! luckly me and another person on the forum managed to tell her that it was a bad idea. I really just wanted to shout at her but then she wouldn't have listened, good luck and i hope she listens in the end.

This is exactly my point. Not everyone has the same level of common sense. Although jessie is absolutely 100% right, you can't expect everyone to agree just because you give them good info. Gentle education is key when it comes to reversing ignorance.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:01 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
I know it. It's the same in Yorkies. Ridiculous. IMO the smaller ones, if a different price, should be LESS than the larger ones. They're the ones that are more prone to health issues. I guess people will never learn. Although it doesn't hurt any to try and educate.
The whole, "Tiny," and, "Teacup," thing is off the hook. These people don't want a dog, they want an accessory; something precious and cute that will love them and makes the owner special. It's all about the owner's self-esteem, narcissism, and unmet needs for love. These people don't need dogs, they need therapy. Breeding out of standard does no favor to the dogs, and never when more so when breeding for diminutive stature where there are so many risks to the bitch and her litter for the rest of their lives. How many of these dogs will be destroyed for health reasons just to suit the ridiculous vanity of a breeder?

I'm very glad she listened to her breeder. There's hope yet !
Old 03-29-2007, 12:55 PM
Crazy woman!

No offence,but a 2lb dog is not a dog,its a rat.
-Le sigh- When will stupid byb's stop trying to make dogs so extreemly small that it puts the poor dogs health at risk.
What is this persons email? Someone needs to be educated!