Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 12-18-2006, 11:07 PM
savethebulliedbreeds

It seems to me that she said that she was looking for advice, but then when you gave her advice, (the right advice), she lashed right away. I really hate people like that. I would keep trying to get through to her, but chances are her mind is made up about breeding her chi, (even though she says it is not), and you won't get through to her. We can only hope though hey. Good luck.
Old 12-18-2006, 11:23 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Thanks It is just so frustrating when you try to educate someone, and they do not listen. I feel so bad for her chi...

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 12-19-2006, 01:41 AM
Tru evil has no pantyline

Sounds to me like she does not have her mind made up about anything. She is consulting a toy breed vet and is only thinking about it.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:07 AM
BusterLove

makes me mad.

there was a big cattle dog bred to a chi bitch in our street. but a big bitch at that. atleast one puppy survived because the dads family took it. sadly. the father died of parvo, no shots, no neutering. its not a nice place for a dog there. and he was an amazing looking dog.

now they have the chi/ACD and another cattle dog bitch with about 8 pups that follow her out onto the road as she snarls and snaps at people and dogs walking past. the owners just look on. big surprise

Old 12-19-2006, 06:13 AM
BusterLove

makes me mad.

there was a big cattle dog bred to a chi bitch in our street. but a big bitch at that. atleast one puppy survived because the dads family took it. sadly. the father died of parvo, no shots, no neutering. its not a nice place for a dog there. and he was an amazing looking dog.

now they have the chi/ACD and another cattle dog bitch with about 8 pups that follow her out onto the road as she snarls and snaps at people and dogs walking past. the owners just look on. big surprise

Old 12-19-2006, 09:17 AM
Rescue Ranger

Jessie-
I have a whole house full of the cast off's from such irresponsible breedings...most of them with serious health issues...one thing that I have learned after all of my years in rescue is that you can't fix stupid...

I've been frosted!
Old 12-19-2006, 09:44 AM
Top Dog

I honestly don't get such vets. I can promise you that all 8 of our vets would be pushing that girl to get that dog spayed.

However, not all vets are worth a ****. For example, one vet I interviewed with for a tech job breeds at least 5 litters of Daschshunds a year. The parent dogs are all kept in kennels & not exactly treated well as they don't get much human interaction. Of course none of the parent dogs are shown, titled, health tested, etc. & he enjoys breeding for those "rare" merles & partis. Needless to say, I walked out when he showed me these dogs & I saw the sign up in the clinic.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:04 AM
Chihuahua Power!

The thing is, if this vet really did specialize in toy breeds, he would never condone breeding a 3lb chihuahua. Not only does she want to breed her 3lb chi, she wants to use a stud who is going to be at least 5lbs full grown. Ugh.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 12-19-2006, 10:14 AM

I can tell her first hand how many problems these tiny dogs go through. My tiny Chi came from an idiot breeder who bred for size. She was actually trying to get the smallest dogs that she could and was even going to breed Tinker (my dog) before we had her "operation" shut down. Tinker is under a pound and a half, she's recently undergone jaw reconstruction surgery completely due to her small size. Her mother died during her c-section to deliver her pups. There were 3 pups in total. One pup was still born and the only other pup died as well at about 3 months and he was just under 3 pounds.

People just make me crazy. Do what you can to educate her, that's all you CAN do..

I LOVE my new siggy Baxter'smybaby, THANK YOU SO MUCH....you're the BEST!!!!!!!

http://www.diamondintheruffcalgary.com/
Old 12-19-2006, 11:57 AM
Top Dog

Slightly OT, but I came across an article the other day about the official world's smallest dog in the Guinness Book of World Records. It's six inches long and full grown. INSANE.