Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-21-2005, 01:50 PM
Top Dog

Default More recent Pictures

Here are some fairly recent pics I took while visiting my daughter in Seattle. This is on Alki Beach. You can see the ferry in the distance.

My daughter sitting with Lyric:

Pike Place Marketpaying attention to me amidst distraction of a lot of people for practice and for a photo. LOL)

Old 04-21-2005, 02:47 PM
Don't encourage me..

Awww, Lyric is just lovely!!! Great pics!! What a good boy he is for listening to mummy with all that disraction!!

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 04-21-2005, 03:10 PM
Top Dog

he's adorable

Lucy

~ My Blog ~
Old 04-21-2005, 03:48 PM
Love my pets

Beautiful pictures. Looks like he was listening to you in the market, good job!
Old 04-21-2005, 04:23 PM
Top Dog

Thanks guys. I don't know how that frowny smiley got in there. I must have done something by accident. LOL.
Old 04-21-2005, 06:11 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

What beautiful pictures. I am suprised he watched you with all that distractions!! Good job both of you!!!
I can't tell which area you where in by the Pike place photo, but did you see the guys that threw the fishes around. I love to watch them do that. Plus they have that really scary fish with it's mouth wide open that they pull a string to make it move and scare the bajesus out of little children. It really is funny. Anyways, It looks like it was a sunny day that day.
Have you ever been to Ruby beach? They have a pair of eagles that live their that you can see fly over you and the waves against the rocks are beautiful. Although it's in a wooded area and not a place to swim, it is worth going.
Hope you had fun.
Old 04-22-2005, 09:37 AM
Top Dog

Thanks Baby blue. I have seen them throwing the fish, all right. It's nifty. I now live (last 4 years) in the extreme north Idaho panhandle, but lived in the Seattle area (outside in country) for about 39 years. It is a lovely area and neat city. (as far as cities go. I'm really a country girl) It's always fun to visit and my family all live there.

Do you live in that area? Ruby Beach....hmm... I've heard of it but don't believe I've ever been there. Where I live now, I see more eagles and other wildlife than you could shake a stick at. It's very scary having Chihuahuas when there are eagles or hawks flying around. But they seem to be more prevelent in summer...and mostly hawks. The eagles stay more near the river or lake which isn't very far from me. I see them almost every time I drive to Sandpoint for shopping. They're nesting along the highway. They build these neat things for them to nest in so they won't get electrocuted, as they tend to go up in the power poles. So, someone has fixed them up good spots for nesting. They are magnificent, to be sure.

Yes, Lyric is quite good about focusing on me in most distractions...not all. Dogs kind of throw him off.

Thanks for such a nice reply. It's so nice to chat with people who have so much in common....our dogs.....we're all obsessed!
Old 04-22-2005, 09:44 AM
Top Dog

Lyric is a really beautiful dog. I loved the pictures!
Old 04-22-2005, 12:34 PM
Felurian

Thanks for sharing those photos - and memories with us! I know Shiva wouldn't have done as well paying attention in the market if there's food around!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-23-2005, 05:50 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doberluv
Thanks Baby blue. I have seen them throwing the fish, all right. It's nifty. I now live (last 4 years) in the extreme north Idaho panhandle, but lived in the Seattle area (outside in country) for about 39 years. It is a lovely area and neat city. (as far as cities go. I'm really a country girl) It's always fun to visit and my family all live there.

Do you live in that area? Ruby Beach....hmm... I've heard of it but don't believe I've ever been there. Where I live now, I see more eagles and other wildlife than you could shake a stick at. It's very scary having Chihuahuas when there are eagles or hawks flying around. But they seem to be more prevelent in summer...and mostly hawks. The eagles stay more near the river or lake which isn't very far from me. I see them almost every time I drive to Sandpoint for shopping. They're nesting along the highway. They build these neat things for them to nest in so they won't get electrocuted, as they tend to go up in the power poles. So, someone has fixed them up good spots for nesting. They are magnificent, to be sure.

Yes, Lyric is quite good about focusing on me in most distractions...not all. Dogs kind of throw him off.

Thanks for such a nice reply. It's so nice to chat with people who have so much in common....our dogs.....we're all obsessed!
Wow you must live in a beautiful area. To see hawks and eagles and all that all the time. I think it would be great to live out in the country.
I live just south of Tacoma in Lakewood. It's a small suburb.
Ruby beach is a while's drive from where I live. We have to get up at like 5 or 6 and drive down and come back at around 5. It has some really pretty scenory and the waves crashing against the rocks are beautiful. I took a few pictures, but I can't find them. I'll look for them and see if I can scan them.