Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-20-2005, 03:15 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Angry Victor has changed

Victor now growls when he sees a dog in the yard..before he was WOW A FRIEND..he is afraid to go outside in Mom's backyard without Mary.
Victor sees the world in a different way..something has been taken away..what a dirty rotten thing to happen..thanks alot Onyx's owners. Now he is afraid when i tie him to the front door..so he can look out..(remember this was the same dog that stayed for hours with his hind foot firmly on the carpet and the rest of him stretched as far as it could go out the door)..now he is afraid if the front door is open and i leave the room..
innocense (sp?) is something to be protected as long as possible until something has to rip it away..he will not ever be the baby that he was again. i told my children when they were older..and around small children for the first time that the reason we do not cuss around them, or act crudely in any way was so they could have that magic world for as long as possible. They took Victor's away..he was so scared when he first came to me..at least a month of being in dog pounds or kennels before i got him..that is a long time. He already knew fear, but only before me. I changed that..to a world of very happy dog. Now i gotta find away to give it back again if i can. I don't know if i can ever restore his relaxed and glorious relationship with the world.

Last edited by smkie; 04-20-2005 at 03:45 PM.
Old 04-20-2005, 03:21 PM
~3 Mutts~

I'm sorry! That's awful! Onyx's owners are so irresponsible.
Old 04-20-2005, 03:43 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

I think i will write that again and stick it under the wiper to his truck. I love his dog..but he don't love mine. He has never come down to mee either one. Maybe he needs to.
Old 04-20-2005, 03:44 PM
~3 Mutts~

You should.
Old 04-20-2005, 04:50 PM
Love my pets

Oh Smkie, I feel so bad for Vic. I want to send him not only doggie & kitty hugs and kisses, but hugs and kisses from me too! I hope that time will heal what Onyx has done and that sweet Vic will come back to himself again.
Old 04-20-2005, 04:52 PM
Big German Shepherd

Man, that's terrible.

I'm sorry to hear that, smkie.
Old 04-20-2005, 10:35 PM
Felurian

That always breaks our hearts. Bimmer changed drastically after Buffy was killed; much of his exuberance and ebullence is gone forever. He also has no trust in humans other than myself and Charley. He's beginning to warm up to Herbie finally. He even walked into Herbie's home with the other two and Chester the other night. Herbie about fell over, especially when Bimmer jumped on them for starting to get into the garbage . . .

Things will get better for Vic, though, if he can go a long time without being accosted in his own yard. The fear will start to fade and he'll enjoy standing in the sunshine, fixated on a squirrel again.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-20-2005, 10:46 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Got home from taking Aaron and Hyia to pizza street..(the only way to fill aaron up..he ate the equivant of 3 pizzas.anyway the neighbor next to Onyx that i have never met must know about this..cause she warned me when i got out of the car that onyx was out..i had just picked mary and Vic up at their grandma's and walked them inside. I thought maybe she was mistaken and had seen Mary instead but she was right..i heard dogs barking a street away. I asked the neighbor which way onyx went and she pointed down my street so i was just about to get in the car an go track her down when Man of the house came driving up to my house with Onyx in the car. We had a talk..he even took turned the engine off to listen. I told him vic was scared, that he was a rescue dog and this was turning very trumatic for him. He said he was building a chain link fence with hot wire this weekend..and that if that didn't work they would give her away.. i feel bad for her if they do, and the kids that have a relationship with the dog, and i am relieved too that he is taking responsibility at last..i just hope it works. I will keep mine in one way or the other until i know for sure. We can live a week without playing in the yard. I think Vic is due for a shawnee dog park..i know i am.
Old 04-20-2005, 10:51 PM
mostly ignored...

Poor vic. He's still got so much baby in him, that'll make an impact on him for quite a while I imagine. I hope for his sake his love of the yard and small furry critters overrides his sense of fright . I experience this kind of innocence lost every day with these boys, what it means for them to see hate and violence at such young ages that makes them who they are today. It is a sad sad world we live in when even a puppy-dog can't feel safe in his own yard, never mind a little boy in his own house. My prayers for you and vic, and big ol' Onyx too, poor girl probably got hurt more then we'll ever guess to make her the way she is today. ( I always try to think of stuff like that with the boys when they are nasty to me. ) Good luck with your sweet boy.
Old 04-20-2005, 10:54 PM
Top Dog

Geeezzzz !!! Poor both of you!! At least now he's trying (hopefully) . When you know it's safe, you can take Vic out and slowly let him know Onyx can't get at him. We work sooooooooooooo hard for these babies and one incident can set them back so!!