Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-21-2005, 04:00 PM
Are you dead yet?

I think that Border Collies are some of the most beautiful dogs. Soft fur, soft noses... Well-balanced, lean muscular builds, (I like a balanced, in-proportion dog. No extremes.) and best of all, very 'sharp' eyes.

But, looks aren't half of what drew me to BCs. Their intelligence is what attracts me to them, and that is what makes them genuinely beautiful.
Old 04-21-2005, 05:17 PM
Felurian

I hope you didn't let Ripley see that!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-21-2005, 05:44 PM
no touchy

Border Collies---I love their coats and you they're expressions.

Canaan Dogs---Beautiful coats!

Labrador Retriever---I like their build a lot.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 04-21-2005, 05:59 PM
Top Dog

I love how the Caucasian Ovcharka looks. My mom has one named Katya and she is just goregous. The picture I have of her isn't the greatest but here it is anyway:

and here is another one of a Ovcharka so you can see what they look like.

I also think Irish Wolfhounds beautiful

Old 04-21-2005, 07:06 PM
Top Dog

I do love the large breeds too.....The more massive and regal the better. I would love a Newfie....but temp here, my live style etc wouldn't be fair to him. (They do drool more than golden's too Q
Old 04-21-2005, 07:14 PM
Island dweller

Maverick doesn't drool as much as I thought he would. Probably cuz he's not pure. He just drools when he smells something good or if he's really hot. Not like that dog in Turner and Hooch.
Old 04-22-2005, 01:50 AM
Puppy Dog

Dobermans are the best looking dog breed.
Old 04-22-2005, 04:34 AM
Are you dead yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il
I hope you didn't let Ripley see that!
Hey, if we're talking favorite breed under 20lbs, the Papillon wins hands down. They're by far one of the most unique looking breeds and provided that they're not the dogs that seem to be winning in the show ring lately. (The things have more hair than a pomeranian and IMO don't look like paps. Strange how "breeders" will alter their breeding program to suit what is popular in the ring.) A Pap with moderate coat and lots of body color, none of these all-white dogs with color only on their head, and a soft expression is one of the best looking toy breeds, because you can just see the spaniel in them.

If you couldn't tell, I like long-haired dogs. I like to groom (although the boys need very little grooming. sigh.) and I just love to sit down and play with my dog's hair. It also just looks so good, a dog with a long coat that is well cared-for is just absolutely stunning. People have suggested to get a smooth coated Border Collie when I get my working BC pup, and I just can't do it. I love their hair.

It's strange with many breeds, because I don't like them based on looks at all. The Doberman Pinscher is an example of that. Sure, they're great looking dogs, but if I had to choose based on looks, I'd pass them up because they are not my "style". It's their personalities and clownish nature that draws me to them.
Old 04-22-2005, 11:02 AM
Puppy Dog

Weimaraners in my opinion are the best looking. That's one of the reasons i got one. Their build, color and overall presence. But i also like a well bred Chocolate Lab, as well as Goldens/Chesepeak bay Retrieveres. Some labs get overweight easily and kinda spoils the beauty of thier breed. Not saying that's a bad thing at all though. A chubby dog is a happy dog! (most of the time)
Old 05-13-2005, 11:18 AM
Top Dog

The Best looking Dog is the......Drum roll please.....The one who greets you when you walk in the door.

But really, in my opinion, it is a well muscled male black American Staffordshire Terrier. However I am somewhat bias because that is the face I see when I get home.