Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-20-2005, 06:06 PM
mostly ignored...

If I really had to choose...I'd say a well brushed doberman is the most beautiful dog ever, all shiny,they look like fine silk. I love the playful look of a merle aussie though, sort of mutt like but regal at the same time...it's hard to explain. Yeah, I definatly can't choose just one cuz now I am thinking about how beautiful papillons are with their big "butterfly" ears. And Pitties are gorgeous too....this is hard. I don't like this game anymore!(me pouting)
Old 04-20-2005, 06:12 PM
mostly ignored...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatureTeacher
I dunno, Sunny's a pretty ridiculously handsome guy...
well yes but isn't that like your mom calling you the most gorgeous girl ever? Even if it is true (which it could be btw dear ) it seems a bit partial don't you think Sunny isn't a merle (or even if he is you can't tell since he is blonde) but I think he is the most awesome dog ever
Old 04-20-2005, 06:13 PM
Island dweller

oh come on. They are ALL gorgeous. Gus, sunny, kharma, mav, hitch, patak.. all of them
Old 04-20-2005, 06:15 PM
Top Dog

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Old 04-20-2005, 06:16 PM
mostly ignored...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saje
oh come on. They are ALL gorgeous. Gus, sunny, kharma, mav, hitch, patak.. all of them
Tis true I look at everyones dogs and think how wonderful it is for these guys that they are so well taken care of and loved. you can tell just by looking at the pictures that they eat well and are groomed well and are happy dogs. I don't think one could ask for dogs with more personality then the ones I read about here THAT is for sure
Old 04-20-2005, 07:39 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
I don't like this game anymore!(me pouting)
ROFLOL!

This is hard. I love all kinds of dogs too. I think many hunting type dogs are very pretty. But I guess to narrow it down, I'd pick a good Doberman and a good German Shepherd as my all time favorite looking dog.

But it's true....they all have something about them, something sometimes you can't even put your finger on...a look. It might be a utilitarian look which is beautiful in it's own way or a graceful, sleek look of a Greyhound or Saluki....love those too. Ok....my turn to pout. I'm out!
Old 04-20-2005, 07:54 PM
Big German Shepherd

Well, duh!

A well-bred GSD like Rocky is beautiful!

I also really like Neapolitan Mastiffs they're just so big and beautiful.

And I never knew about this breed until I came to this forum, Filas are beautiful.

Especially Renee's!

A good-looking Doberman Pinscher also catches my eye.

Rottweilers are very appealing as well.

Dalmations are pretty cute. Ever tried to count the spots on 'em? I have!

I also like a well-bred Siberian Husky or Alaskan Malamute.

Um, that's all I can think of!
Old 04-20-2005, 08:33 PM
Top Dog

It sounds cliche, but I'd rather have an average-looking dog with brains over a great-looking dog without any day. The really intelligent ones can be too much for an inexperienced owner; I always warm up immediately to a dog who's got his owner trained! But the smarter they are, the more I like them. I suppose that's why I like dobies so much! Beautiful in body and mind, and sometimes too tough to handle, smarts-wise. I love the challenge!

Just strictly based on looks, though, I love the way a Canaan dog and a Borzoi moves, the fur on an Australian shepherd and a Chesapeake Bay retriever, the face of a pharaoh hound and Keeshond, the voice of a basenji, the muscles on a pittie, the posture of a standard poodle, a Shiba Inu, and a great Dane, and the smile of a Chow and a dobie. Come to think of it, those are all pretty brainy breeds.

So yes, I guess intelligence is the defining factor for me, followed closely by physical and mental health and stability, which would make my favorite breed your average MUTT!!! Smart, clever, funny, good sense of humor...mutts have it all!
Old 04-20-2005, 08:38 PM
Island dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnypup
I don't like this game anymore!(me pouting)
That's why I'm not playing.