Gold 'n Paws Holistic Dog Food. Any comments?

gypsysoul

Has anyone ever heard of this food?? Gold 'n Paws Holistic Adult Dog Food.
I was in Sam's the other day when I came across this food...in a 30lb. gold bag. The word "Holistic" caught my attention. I checked out the ingredients and they look decent. I don't have a list, but I believe the first two ingredients were: chicken, brown rice meal..... I didn't see anything that looked bad....no by-products. It comes from Canada....Quebec, I believe.
I tried searching online for info., but haven't any.....yet.

I was tempted to buy a bag, but I already had their dog food on order. I was thinking about giving this a shot when it's time to buy more. I was wondering if anyone here has any experience or opinion on this brand?

Thanks!

No experience, but I checked it out at Sam's yesterday - the word holistic caught my eye too. I was turned off by the chicken being the only meat source in the main ingredients. It's mostly water, so when it cooks down there may not be as much chicken in there as it seems like. I also thought it was overpriced.

However, I am so glad to see a holistic option there.

vanillasugar

just call me Nilly
I don't know if you guys realise that "holistic" and "natural" are terms that are not regulated in pet food, so any food can CLAIM to be holistic or natural (anyone seen Science Diet Natures Best? Ick!) without having much in the ingredients to back up those claims.

Good idea to read the ingredients, (which you did anyways!) to better judge the quality of a food.

peter4d

Dog Discussions

As the whole world knows that the man best friend is dog. Dogs can do so many stuffs such as they can guard our home during the night. Many dogs do house holds works also such as bringing news paper from vendor my neighbor dog he use to bring milk and bread by catching the bag in his mouth and carrying all the way to home.
=====================================
Peter
Holistic Rehab

Members online

No members online now.