Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 12-10-2006, 08:50 AM
Top Dog

Default My cats

Here's some pics of my cats. They feel like they are being left out with all my doggie pics. *smiles*

They are just laying around, doing what cats do best!

This is my baby. He was shaken by a Cocker Spaniel as a itty bitty thing. The result is brain damage, or Cerebellar Hypoplasia.

And this is meanie pants, as I call her. Every picture I get of her shows her true colors. A moody, independant hissy girl!

Thanks Steveinski!
Old 12-10-2006, 09:03 AM
Mutts to you

What pretty kitties! Even meanie pants. I've known a couple of those...

How is your cat affected by Cerebellar Hypoplasia? Just curious, our three-legged kitty was nearly someone's lunch as a feral kitten (lost a leg and a few brain cells - he carries his head at a permanent tilt and doesn't track fast moving objects very well. Generally he's a happy boy and he 'talks' constantly! We always know where he is. Lol!)

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. -Robert McCloskey
Old 12-10-2006, 09:07 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snark View Post
What pretty kitties! Even meanie pants. I've known a couple of those...

How is your cat affected by Cerebellar Hypoplasia? Just curious, our three-legged kitty was nearly someone's lunch as a feral kitten (lost a leg and a few brain cells - he carries his head at a permanent tilt and doesn't track fast moving objects very well. Generally he's a happy boy and he 'talks' constantly! We always know where he is. Lol!)

Thanks!

He has alot if issue's with balance and mis judgeing distances. He walks kinda like a TN Walking horse with a high gait. He is absolutely fearless and seems to feel no pain if he falls off of a chair or runs into a wall.
I have to be extra extra careful with him. He is definetely not a "normal" cat. Everyone knows I guard him with my life! But he's a very happy cat, loves life and has a personality like no other cat I have ever seen.

Thanks Steveinski!
Old 12-13-2006, 04:02 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

Beautiful kitties!
Old 12-13-2006, 04:18 PM
Top Dog

Thanks!

I am thinking about getting my long haired cat a "lion cut". Does anyone have any advise? Is there any reason I shouldn't? He sheds worse than all my dogs combined. Or at least it seems like it because his fine hair floats and sticks everywhere. He's an inside kitty so the temp is always about 68 degrees.

Thanks Steveinski!
Old 12-13-2006, 04:31 PM
Top Dog

Lovely cats. Meanie is the spitting image of my old lover Fergus. He was so laid back though you'd think he was a rug if he didn't blink occasionally. I got fergus from a shelter so never knew if he was any kind of breed. Is 'ol MP a breed or mix of anything that you know of? Does she have a cream tummy with darker spots?
Old 12-16-2006, 11:11 AM
Harumph™©®

LOL on Meanie.

Your cats don't look at all to me like they feel left out.
Old 12-16-2006, 11:12 AM
Harumph™©®

Aw I just noticed that your cat has CH. I have a friend who rescues them. They are the sweetest darned cats and sometimes you just have to marvel at how happy and adaptable they are.
Old 12-20-2006, 11:35 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyeboxer View Post
Lovely cats. Meanie is the spitting image of my old lover Fergus. He was so laid back though you'd think he was a rug if he didn't blink occasionally. I got fergus from a shelter so never knew if he was any kind of breed. Is 'ol MP a breed or mix of anything that you know of? Does she have a cream tummy with darker spots?
Yep, her whole belly area is cream with leopard looking spots. She looks fat in the picture but she's really not. I was told by a Vet that sometimes when they get a little older they get kind of a pouch, mostly loose skin. She is around 12 years old. I got her when she was under 2 though so who knows, she may have had a litter before. She was rescued from a barb wire fence.

Thanks Steveinski!
Old 12-20-2006, 11:43 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToscasMom View Post
Aw I just noticed that your cat has CH. I have a friend who rescues them. They are the sweetest darned cats and sometimes you just have to marvel at how happy and adaptable they are.

They are! He is just soooo happy all the time. And, all my friends just love him. They always want me to get him to walk through the room with his high stepping gait.

I have heard some people have them PTS. I guess it would depend on how severe it was. His is not that severe, it does not affect his quality of life. It just means that I have to protect him ten times more than a normal cat.

Thanks Steveinski!