What kinds of pets do you plan on getting in the future?

neapolitanpitbull

Never enough pets
What kinds of pets do you plan on getting in the future?
I plan on getting these pets in the future...
Sugar Glider
Lamb
Cow
Mice
Rat
Ferret

Fire Belly toads or frogs of some sort. I am really interested in them and their entire set up and habitat. I want to someday have large extensive enclosures for toads and fish and saltwater tanks and all sorts of things. I will have a little zoo.

We had ferrets once, one was given to us really old and within a week had a seizure and died. The other was young and apparently fell from the top floor of her three level cage and appeared to have broken her neck, all withing a week or two of having her.

So no more ferrets for us.

I also plan to own a Gypsy Vanner and Friesian horse. They are the most gorgeous, beautiful animals I have ever seen.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
More dogs, a couple of cats to keep the mice out of the barn where I'll have a horse or two and possibly some livestock to keep the dogs busy and fed at the same time.

Julie

I am back again.
I will always have dogs. I wouldn't mind having a cat, but it would take a very special one. That is on the back burner though, because my dogs now are not accustomed to cats.

My dogs did do very well around horses and the dogs were not leashed...I always wanted a horse, but I am no where near ready for that responsiblity!
I think when the boys get to be teenagers, I might have time to start something like that. I have a great mentor when the time is right.

I would also love to get a goat or two. That will probably be the next animal I get besides keeping dogs.

Edit: I will also probably always have a parakeet.... My son has a wonderful one, and I couldn't imagine being without him.....Im glad they have a decent lifespan. :)

BostonBanker

Probably just dogs and horses. I love miniature donkeys, but my horse is absolutely terrified of them, so I won't own one as long as I have Tristan:rolleyes: .

I also plan to own a Gypsy Vanner and Friesian horse. They are the most gorgeous, beautiful animals I have ever seen.
I have a secret obsession with Gypsy ponies - they absolutely crack me up! What cuties! You do know, though, that much of the dealings/breedings/sales of them is a bit of a scam, right? A friend of mine who does a lot of horse buying in Ireland makes fun of me when I say I want one; she said she could pick one up for about $500 at a meat auction in Ireland. I say they are still cute:D .

My trainer imported a small group of Friesians (a mare who was pregnant and had a foal at her side) about two years ago. They are gorgeous! The older foal won some big national show before she was imported. This is her full sister, who is for sale:
[/IMG]

PixieSticksandTricks

Athletic Labs. They Exist
I always plan to have a horse. Right now I own a 19 year old Mustang gelding. But I think im just going to let my cousin keep him since I havent had the time for him. And his daughter rides him all the time. But I do plan to have anouther horse in the future.

Dogs, of course! I also want to get a Bearded Dragon and a Chinese Water Dragon when I move out and I'd love to rescue a pot belly pig someday. :)

jess2416

Who woulda thought
dogs of course and I have always wanted a horse, maybe some day it will happen :)

elegy

overdogged
i'd like to have a freshwater eel. they need a big tank, though. someday i'll have space for it.

Maxy24

Well in the future when i live on my own and have a job (I'm only 14) i would like to have:
2-4 dogs all shelter dogs i like Irish setter mix and boxer mix and GSD mix
1-2 cats including the Siamese i have now who will be around nine when i graduate college.
I may also go into gerbil breeding but I'm not too sure about that, i think they are the greatest rodents.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
Well for sure we want a dog. I don't know about what else though I think we'll just have to play that one by ear.

Neopolitan- We have had a pair of sugargliders before. They are great little critters but have very big nutritional needs for such a small little thing. They need their fruits and veggies every day, they need protein (in the form of jarred baby food or insects), they need their pellets too. Also they love the running wheels but they can't use regular ones that you buy at a petstore. Here is the safest wheel for them, and you can even buy a thing to put inside to trim their nails: http://www.sugar-gliders.com/wodent-wheel.htm. That website is wierd I ordered everything for them (toys, food, calcium and insects). They are really nice people to deal with. Also you have to really watch what type of cage you buy when we first got ours we bought a regular cage from Petsmart that was "designed" for them and within seconds of putting them in they slipped right out through the bars and were loose in our room.

joce

I realy love sugar gliders,not sure when I'll get some but eventually!

I'm debating starting to look around at horses now. I am still not sure what I want though. I had an arabian years ago and I am pretty sure thats the way I am going to go again but every time I am sure I meet the cutest quarter horse:p

I love guinea pig squeeks so I'll have to get another one eventually-they jsut drive everyone elses i live with nuts right now.

I'm going to have my own goats and chickens and pigs and what not. I am going back and forth on milk goats right now. My mom wants to try the goat milk and then get inot it but I've been putting her off on it because its jsut another way for her to kep me at the house!

I also want a mini cow,anyone seen them? They are so cute!

Squidbert

Scum scum scum scum..SCUM
Some fishes.. perhaps a tarantula.. and some sort of reptile.. and a horse.. maybe a goat.. other than that just more of what I have I think.. :)

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
lol! This'll be a long list! :D

I plan to get 3 or 4 more Yorkies when I have my own house.

I'm going to rescue a Greyhound as soon as I get my own place.

I'm going to get a shelter cat. I'm thinking Siamese.

I'm getting a Ferret

I've always wanted a horse, but if I ever get one, it'll be waaaaay in the future.

I'd like to get a couple rabbits.

I want to foster shelter dogs for our local SPCA, and when I'm 16 (next year) I'm going to voulenteer there.

That's about it. ^_^

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Oh yeah, one more. When my cousin moves up here with us from Texas next year she's bringing her pigs, sheep, and who knows what else. lol! She's active in FFA, so she has lots of animals. Also, when she gets up here, I think she's going to be getting an ACD puppy. So we'll be a full house. :D

skyeboxer

Mini Cow? Holy cow! Never heard of them - I'll be googling that in a mo to see if you're pulling legs though.

I'd love a GSD, another Boxer, a presa and a couple of dozen shelter pooches. A horse - probably for my daughter more than me because my riding sucks - and maybe a Falabella just for me. A donkey or two, a goat, however many cats deign to share my life and oh ... I wouldn't mind some snakes, a tortoise, a couple ferrets and an ant farm.

Oh ... and I'm getting some stick insects for my dd's Christmas. (Really!)

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
More dogs- papillons most likely, though one day I WILL have an Ibizan. Just gotta get a yard first...

I also could see myself having more hamsters, maybe a rat or two, and I wouldn't mind another chin.

I used to want a horse, but no longer do. I'll probably end up with a cat next year, but that is not by my choice. LOL (Is not a cat person)

Members online

No members online now.