Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-19-2005, 12:57 PM
~3 Mutts~

Aw! I'm lovin the stories guys! They're all so sweet!
Old 04-19-2005, 02:22 PM
Trained by an Airedale

Last Dec we decided we definitely wanted a dog and wanted to give a rescue dog a good life, but I was due to be away studying in Jan so we had put it on hold. On Xmas Eve we were trying to find some brussell sprouts for our Xmas dinner. We missed the last few at the outdoor market so headed to a new shopping centre in the next town. I happened to wander past a new pet shop and there was Misha in the window. She was a big dog in a small glass tank and there were loads of people standing at the window chattering away. We couldn't leave her, although we both hated paying a petshop for a dog. She was the best Xmas present we could have had.

Old 04-19-2005, 02:27 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purr
So, I actually just took them without asking because, they probably would have ended up dead in a week .
Ooooh, you're bad! I LOVE IT!
Old 04-19-2005, 02:33 PM
~3 Mutts~

Oh yes. I'm a very bad girl...LOL couldn't help myself. Bwa ha ha...yeah, everytime I see a dog being neglected, I seriously consider helping it "get off the chain" and finding it a nice home LOL.
Old 04-19-2005, 02:34 PM
~3 Mutts~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martine
Last Dec we decided we definitely wanted a dog and wanted to give a rescue dog a good life, but I was due to be away studying in Jan so we had put it on hold. On Xmas Eve we were trying to find some brussell sprouts for our Xmas dinner. We missed the last few at the outdoor market so headed to a new shopping centre in the next town. I happened to wander past a new pet shop and there was Misha in the window. She was a big dog in a small glass tank and there were loads of people standing at the window chattering away. We couldn't leave her, although we both hated paying a petshop for a dog. She was the best Xmas present we could have had.
Oooooh, how much is that Miiiiiisha in the window?!? LOL that's a cute story
Old 04-19-2005, 03:59 PM
Big Dog

13 years ago I Cidney from a flea market and trust me, I will never ever do that again! I was very un-educated about getting a dog at that time and learned a very expensive lesson.

I got Scooter from a breeder and will buy from them again if I decide I want another Yorkie.
Old 04-19-2005, 04:29 PM
Top Dog

Well Java my first dog who now lives with my grandmother was bought out of an ad in the paper. She came to us with a herniated umbilicus. She is eight years old now and is happy as heck to live with my grandma who dotes on her continuously.

Primo we got from the shelter, she was a black lab/rottie mix. Sadly she had issues with gaurding food, toys, bones, us, to the point of biting several people in the face. When she went after our roomate we decided that she needed to be put to sleep. I felt horrible about it but obviously her previous owners did no training with her and she was just to unpredictable to be safe around. She was 2 when we adopted her. I still miss her, even with all her issues she was a love.

Neva my APBT was purchased from a breeder. We got her at 12 weeks and I believe that the breeders children were cruel to her. She has always had trust issues and would pee submissivley all the time when she was younger. Now she is six years old and for the most part very well adjusted, she still doesn't like strangers until they have been properly introduced but she has never attempted to bite anyone. I love her to death, she is great around my children and the rest of our family. I hope she is around forever!

Gunnar was purchased from a breeder after extensive research into the breeders available in our area. We couldn't be happier with him!

Like Purr we also rescued a dog from my moms neighbors house. It was a beautiful yellow lab puppy that he bought to replace his black lab that had recently died. He kept the black lab tied up outside all day by himself with little or no interaction. When we saw the puppy we knew he would have the same fate (already tied up outside at three months) so mom had me sneak over when he was at work and take the puppy. (This was at staff housing for the prisions, kinda risky to steal a dog there). Happily we placed him in a loving home. Sadly they got another dog shortly thereafter.

Old 05-02-2005, 08:54 PM
Puppy Dog

I feel soo bad because this one night me and my family were just watching t.v with the door open but the screen door shut and this big golden retriever knocked on our door, I was young so my mom and all the neighbors had a meeting about it to see who could take care of it, We couldnt because at the time we rented and dogs wernt allowed so it was taken to the pound, the poor thing i wish we could ve kept it, it was only about 2 years old.....
Old 05-02-2005, 09:27 PM
Jerk.

Last Oct there was a free mutt posting on a local 4x4 forum and after a week of people wanting to and people looking into seeing if they could take the pup, I stepped up and took him, it was getting close to the deadline the people had to taking him down to the aspca.

Could you let a face like this go to the shelter?

That picture is also why decided to name him Blue.

He was picked on by there pom and he has submisive issues with small children, he pissed on the floor of a local pet place when approached by a toddler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Sometimes BOTH sides are just full of sh1t.
AKpostal
Blog?
MyDrunkAdmin
Old 05-02-2005, 10:33 PM
~3 Mutts~

Aw! Poor baby Blue.....He's such a sweetie, too! I love that pic, he's so adorable!!

LOL Bull!! Yeah, I know that feeling...."can I keep him???" LOL. You sound like a cool person, so I'd like to say sorry for being as snotty as I was on the other thread...that's just a major sore spot for me.

LOL Go Adrienne!!! I would've done the same for the pup....I've always wondered why people keep dogs they don't care about? It's not like they enjoy the dog.....Great stories!!!