Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-19-2005, 09:49 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Their toddler was the one that unsnapped the chain this time.
Old 04-19-2005, 09:51 AM
Felurian

Sounds like some kids need some discipline . . . maybe they need to be told that if they turn the dog loose again and it causes trouble they will be responsible for her death. Harsh, maybe, but not as harsh as having their dog killed.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-19-2005, 10:19 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Three years old dont understand things like that.but the 8 year old was in near panic..three year old children just dooo things..Aaron did some dillys at that age. He once filled my ice tea glass with cat kibble when my back was turned. man of the house said he was going immediately to the hardware store to get a latch the child couldn'nt undo. wish that brought me some kind of peace of mind but it doesn't. last night Vic didn't want anything to do with the porch..even with the door open and him inside. He so enjoyed watching his world too. He still gets to go to moms and play with Shaffer so until things are resolved..i will keep the door shut..and either be hot or pay for a fan and the air. It is so nice this time of year to be able to have the door open before the world gets buggy..but that is a moot point compared to haveing a dog killed.
Old 04-19-2005, 11:35 AM
~3 Mutts~

They left the toddler alone??? There is no way the kid could've unsnapped that chain if the parents were around...Does Onyx live outside? If not, then I don't see any reason why they don't keep her indoors, and take her out only on leash. If she doesn't live indoors, and they can't contain her outside, they should get rid of her.

They need a big, covered kennel, so she can't climb out. And, they need to put something under it so she can't dig her way out.

Good luck with them.

Last edited by Purr; 04-19-2005 at 11:44 AM. Reason: remembered somthing
Old 04-19-2005, 02:00 PM
Felurian

Three year olds can understand that if they don't leave the doggie's chain alone the doggie will disappear and end up in a bad place and never come back.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-19-2005, 02:47 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Renee 3 year old boys and 3 year old girls are two different animals..my experience with the boys is they do things anyway..they are onery! Girls you can reason with and explain and expect them to understand. AAron at 3..took a magic marker and made himself spiderman.loved to get a pack of cigerettes and roll out the tobacco.(that was back in the days before i quit and we were very poor so i had to shell out only a couple a day) .+KNEW HE WASN"T supose to, but did it anyway..blew in ashtrays.drew on walls if you forgot a pencil for even a second he would confiscate it and sneak it into the other room..he was fast too...omg he was a terror on feet. My absolute favorite was when he got up at 4 30 am got the big jar of vasoline out of the bathroom (the only lotion i could afford) coated his whole body and especially his hair, the front of the fish tank, the tv, and the window and then poured a box of birdseed over his head. That is how i found him at 5 30 am when i woke up to his giggling. After that i put a lock on his door tho you are not suppose to..he was sneaking up earlier and earlier just to get into stuff. He would wake and find he had poured cheerios out on the floor and then put my pennyloafers on and was stepping on them to enjoy the crunch. He took my bowl of bead when i was doing bead work once and slung it across the room (ever try to get cech glass beads out of the cracks of the floor) oh my i could go on. The best (oh he would wring my neck) was when he coloured his private parts purple with a crayola marker and then it wouldn't wipe off..i was watching from around the corner and he did'n't know i was there..i about bust a gut trying not to laugh cause he knew he had a problem now. Then they grow into men and you can't expect much more (just kidden) they don't think. period. Shoot Hyia licked dirt yesterday..my mom looked out the window and saw her do it. she was planting her little Merrygold in her pot and just stuck out her tongue. Now we have told her a dozen times to leave rocks and dirt alone, only food goes in the mouth and she is 5!
It is all on the grown ups..not the babies i think. He said he was getting a latch that you had to pull the sleeve down to get to the mechanism..i think i know wht he is tallking about. the woman of the house said she was coming up the basement stairs to the door and Onyx knocked her clean off her feet and down the stairs to get out the door. I am not making excuses for them, just trying to be fair sort of..in a way..oh my god i don't know what i am saying......I wish i could hate that big brassy bossy black lab..i wish i didn't feel toward her the way i do. The smart ones are always the most difficult.
Old 04-19-2005, 03:24 PM
~3 Mutts~

Knocked her over?? OMG They can't control her at all, by the sound of it...They need to find her a new home, far away from you and Mary and Vic!

OMG Don't let Aaron find out you put that on the net He'd die....LOL made me laugh though
Old 04-19-2005, 03:47 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Purr..he was about 7 when i told him to wipe off the tables and the counters in the kitchen. I came in and he had the large roll of aluminum foil i had just bought, wound around his head until he looked like Sat nite live's cone heads..and had taken the wooden chopsticks and pushed them thru the foil to make antlers, or antennas...i wanted to be mad but you just couldn't. We used the foil from his "hat" until it was gone. I wrote a poem that night about how i never wanted to forget and i never wanted that part to change..later i lost it and wished i hadn't. He was very creative..usually at all the wrong times and places. I never scolding him for anything like that, but he was an exasperating little boy. Once we were picking up the car at the mechanics..and it had been sitting in the sun all day. He was in the back seat cutting up so i told him to get his Behind up here now..He was old enough for seat belts and we didn't use boosters back then..anyway he climbed over the seat..knowing i was angry with him and sat down..on a coke can full of coke that had been sitting in the sun thru the window..when he sat down it exploded and he cried out "YOU HIT ME" of course i hadn't ..EVER so i was laughing, my daughter was laughing the whole car was full of hot sticky soda..that was my boy! Fortunately my dog forum holds almost no interest in his life so he won't know i am talking about him..and if he did..he can just live with it.
Old 04-19-2005, 03:59 PM
~3 Mutts~

LOL!!! that's hysterical!
Old 04-19-2005, 04:39 PM
Felurian

OMG! ROFLMAO! We'd have gotten KILLED if we'd ever done things like that! I guess boys are different than girls . . . I had crime and punishment figured out at a very early age. Before I did anything that might have consequences I'd decide what my odds were of getting caught, then I'd decide if the odds and the possible consequences balanced out against how badly I wanted to do whatever it was. Drove my Mom completely nuts. My younger sister just figured she'd be able to pin whatever it was she wanted to do on me . . . Drove me nuts.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian