Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Rescue Forum

Old 12-08-2006, 07:01 PM
Top Dog

Oh wow Herchel. You are awesome! Gawd, I hope this works. Keep us posted. And big kudos to you!
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 12-08-2006, 07:55 PM
Water Junkie

Hershel you are an AWSOME person! I hope you are able to get as many as possible!

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 12-08-2006, 11:45 PM
Top Dog

This is so frustrating. I don't have bad news, but I also don't have good news.

Here is the way that I see this: The PetFinder listing was posted by a rescue that finds "adoptable" dogs in high kill shelters. The rescue tries to place the dogs with foster homes or real homes before they are PTS. In this case, the Border Collie would have been put to sleep today, but the rescue boarded the dog for the day until they could approve its real home.

I received one email from the head of the rescue that said:

"I will contact you later regarding Fancy. She may have a possible home. We are having her boarded today until she can get here. If the home falls through we will need somewhere for her to go since we have no room in our rescue. Please also let me know if you can foster for us in general or if you are only interested in border collies?"

What does later mean? How much later? Tomorrow? Two weeks? I haven't heard anything back from her, and I also haven't heard anything about the Spaniel mix.

Maybe I'm just impatient, but something that is so urgent really deserves a bit more communication. The phone number on the website is disconnected so email is my only form of communication. Ugh!
Old 12-09-2006, 02:14 AM
Top Dog

Herschel I totally understand. In an urgent situation I would expect a more detailed and prompt response. But still, kudos to you on stepping up and helping animals in need <3

www.lppboutique.com
Old 12-12-2006, 12:20 AM
Top Dog

Any update?

www.lppboutique.com
Old 12-12-2006, 02:17 AM
Top Dog

Yes!

Fancy is still alive. I received an email on Sunday that said she was meeting her prospective forever home and a foster application was attached.

I haven't heard if she was adopted, yet. I'll post here as soon as I get some good news!
Old 12-12-2006, 02:05 PM
Top Dog

Awesome Herchel! You're the best!!! =)

www.lppboutique.com
Old 12-13-2006, 10:33 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

I think it's really great you're considering doing this, Herschel. She looks like a real sweetheart. Keep us updated.
Old 12-22-2006, 08:42 PM
Top Dog

how did things go did you get Fancy or any other dogs to foster yet? I really want to hear how this goes. It's great when someone can save lives!
Old 12-25-2006, 12:35 AM
Top Dog

I was approved to foster with them, but Fancy was already placed in a home. As soon as a dog comes up as urgent I will foster and post an introduction here!

I'm working out some things with a few other rescues so our first foster dog might not be from this particular rescue, but from a similar organization (that saves dogs from high-kill shelters and places them in foster care).