Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-18-2005, 11:09 AM
Top Dog

Default Trouble leaving your furbabies....

Do you have trouble leaving your furbabies when you go on trips? I always feels so guilty. We are going to L.A. in a couple of weeks, and I am so excited, but I always feel bad leaving Brady. I know he is staying with Jenny this time, so hopefully I won't feel as bad since he will be with the dog he loves most, but I still have a hard time leaving him.

I know my cat probably throws parties when we leave, so I am not as worried about her. Just kidding, I will miss her a lot too.
Old 04-18-2005, 11:19 AM
Top Dog

That is why I never get to take vaccations. With two dogs and three bunnies to care for (and since no one can take care of them like I can!) I never go anywhere. I was supposed to go to California on Thursday but just cancelled the trip (it was for nationals for Business Professionals of America). Maybe once Gunnar is a bit older I will feel more comfortable leaving my animals. Have fun in L.A.!

Old 04-18-2005, 11:30 AM
no touchy

I always feel horrible. Before I leave, I give them a ton of hugs and kisses, and I tell them how much I love them....and I call as often as possible to see if they're OK.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 04-18-2005, 11:34 AM
Top Dog

I miss my dog tons, but she loves going to the kennels as they are at the same place as the vets and the girls there make a huge fuss of her!

Lucy

~ My Blog ~
Old 04-18-2005, 11:45 AM
Top Dog

lol we all take seperate holidays now hubby goes away with his motor bike friends abroad to watch racing, and I go to America to the Nationals to watch dogs. that way we know someone is at home that knows how to look after our dogs, we do however have the odd holiday as a family over here in the Uk but the dogs always come with us.

Mo
Old 04-18-2005, 12:07 PM
Top Dog

I would love a vacation where I could take Brady with me! He would love the lake and probably the beach too!
Old 04-18-2005, 12:35 PM
Don't encourage me..

I never ever leave Gus!! I take him with me! It took alot of trouble but we got him a pet passport and so he can come everywhere we go!! I feel guilty about leaving Katelina and the Horses though!! But our neighbour Jacqueline is wonderful and she looks after them just as well as I could!! Plus Katelina wouldn't be happy coming with us even if she had a passport as cats are very terrirtorial.

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 04-18-2005, 12:37 PM
Top Dog

Yes, I think my cat enjoys her time alone, and then appreciates seeing us when we get back.

Brady will be with Jenny so he will have a lot of fun, but he will be exhausted when we get back.
Old 04-18-2005, 12:38 PM
Top Dog

I've always had a hard time with it, then find myself worried the entire time, calling home EVERYDAY to make sure pets are being cared for right. Now with Princess I wont take a trip without her. I've turned down 3 trips since we've gotten her because we wouldnt be able to take her with us, so I stayed home.
I've got to tell you about leaving our cat for a week, this was many years ago. We was getting ready to leave on vacation to the black hills, had a cat (sneezy) when I found my kitten Pepper. Sneezy was so MAD about this kitten. Would have nothing to do with the little guy, oh she was so hateful. When we left for vacation we took Pepper to my sister to be cared for while we was gone, and sneezy was left at home with a neighbor coming in to feed her. We knew Sneezy wouldnt care that we werent there as long as she had food and water. When we got home I stopped off first thing to get Pepper. Took him home. Poor Sneezy must have thought we left because of her attitude! She must have been feeling guilty for how she acted because she went right up to Pepper, took to being a mommy to Pepper. The change in attitude was unbelievable. It was just so funny how she changed after that vacation.
You wont have to worry so much, your dog will be with Jenny and we all know how much they love each other. They will be in heaven! I wouldnt worry about taking trips if my dog had a good friend like Jenny!
Old 04-18-2005, 12:39 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

i took care of a lot of dogs while their people were gone..they do miss you greatly, but they don't sit around and cry..they wait patiently..so incredibly patient..knowing that sooner or later you WILL come back.