Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 04-17-2005, 04:53 PM
~3 Mutts~

Default Nutro??

Does anybody use Nutro? I went to PetsMart looking for Canidae, which PetsMart doesn't carry, and this wonderful lady showed me the Nutro brand. She explained the ingredients, and their purpose, to me and everything. Nutro sounds like a really good food, so I bought a bag of Nutro Natural Choice Large Breed Puppy, and a bag of Nutro Natural Choice Senior (Shelby's 11).

She also gave me some samples of Nutro Max Puppy, and when I got home, I opened one of the bags, and was using the food as treats, to see if they liked it, and even my cats were going nuts for the stuff !! I couldn't believe it....cats are sooo picky. All three of the dogs loved it, too. And, I couldn't believe the price! It wasn't much more than Puppy Chow, or Kibbles 'n' Bits: one bag was 15.99 and the other was 19.99.

I love the fact that there are no by products in Nutro foods. What do you guys think of Nutro foods? I've heard they're wonderful, so I'm hoping I made a good choice for my furbabies
Old 04-17-2005, 05:06 PM
Island dweller

Here's an older link on Nutro. http://www.chazhound.com/forums/show...ighlight=nutro There are more if you search it in the dog food/recipes forum
Old 04-17-2005, 05:09 PM
Soon to Be 4 Pups!!

i think nutro is a great food my dogs love it too
Old 04-17-2005, 05:25 PM
~3 Mutts~

Thanks! I don't know though...reading the label, Nutro sounds pretty darn good. I'm going to see how my dogs do on it, and then, when I run out, I may switch to Canidae.
Old 04-17-2005, 10:53 PM
Quigleyfied

nutro isn't a great food. most of the varieties barely contain 30% meat, the rest even less. that alone is one compelling argumant against feeding it. there are many others, if you want to learn more, click on my signature image and start reading.
- Product Research

I've been frosted!
Old 04-17-2005, 11:15 PM
~3 Mutts~

LOL Anything is better than the Puppy chow and Kibbles 'n' bits they were eating. Since I am so tired right now, and don't want to read anything more, would you reccomend Canidae? Thanks, Mordy. You're so much help (considering I know squat about dog food)!
Old 04-18-2005, 02:45 AM
Quigleyfied

yes, canidae is a good brand. it's made from good quality ingredients and also not very expensive. in my area, it's actually mostly less expensive than the nutro natural choice line. interesting, isn't it?
- Product Research

I've been frosted!
Old 04-18-2005, 09:49 AM
~3 Mutts~

That is interesting...I wonder why it isn't through the roof? When I run out of Nutro, I'll get some Canidae, from the pet store (which doesn't sell puppies, so I'll buy from them). Thanks Mordy.
Old 04-18-2005, 10:21 AM
Felurian

Good girl, Purr. Nutro does a remarkable job of packaging and "spinning" their product. They should spend that money on developing a good product.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-18-2005, 11:19 AM
Soon to Be 4 Pups!!

well i like nutro i think of it this way there are millions of dog that dont even get food so