Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-29-2006, 02:10 PM
Water Junkie

I understand what you guys are saying but he says that "ALLLLLLLLL PITS ARE LIKE THIS!!!"

And This dog has gotten out maybe 2 times in a few years.

I would be Mad like mothing ever before if this happened to my dog or cat too BUT He is saying the dog did that because it is a PIT!!!

Oh, and neither the pit or golden is roaming the neighborhood The golden's owners have another dog that is allowed to roam the neighborhood...But the pit is NOT human aggressive just dog and now cat. The pit is very sweet to people...I have Dog-Sat for him before and he loves people So does the other pit they have....he is a BIG baby with EVERYTHING....he LOVES Lizzie and they do play bows all the time if he gets out.

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 11-29-2006, 10:17 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizmo View Post
I understand what you guys are saying but he says that "ALLLLLLLLL PITS ARE LIKE THIS!!!"

I would be Mad like mothing ever before if this happened to my dog or cat too BUT He is saying the dog did that because it is a PIT!!!

Oh, and neither the pit or golden is roaming the neighborhood The golden's owners have another dog that is allowed to roam the neighborhood...
2 times for any dog to get out is to many, but it's extremely stupid for any pitt bull owner. I live in Ontario where there is a pitt bull ban and owners here are smart enough to realize that even if thre dog gets out once its once to many and looks bad on the whole breed. Please don't say "maybe 2 times" likes its not a bit deal, because it is a HUGE deal to people who are trying to be responsible and show our goverment that the breed ban is crazy.

The fact that they know the dog came from that type of situation tells us even more than they should have known better. It is sad the neighbor now thinks all pit bull are bad, why don't we complain to the neighbors who did not take care of there dog properly and keep him contained for causing the neighbor to get that opinion?

If anyones dog was roaming the neighborhood here I would be making sure that every time it got sent to the pound. Let them pay to have the dog back. Maybe you don't have leash laws there?
Old 11-30-2006, 06:50 AM
Top Dog

If this guy lets his dog wander the streets, I'm pretty sure his cat goes anywhere it wants as well. Thus, it is the OWNERS fault if his cat got attacked if it was anywhere but in his house or yard.

It is also wrong to equate animal aggressiveness with human aggressiveness. There is NO correlation between the two.

It's a shame that stuff like this happens, but there is always 3 sides to every story. Their side, your side, and then the absolute truth.

Money will buy you a pretty good dog, but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Henry Wheeler Shaw
Old 11-30-2006, 08:55 AM
user not active

Some guy told me that I shouldnt walk my dog on public roads because he looked aggressive.

I suggest just ignore the morons who tell you what to do with your dogs
Old 11-30-2006, 08:58 AM
treehugging clicker freak

I agree with orion (hey, I've had the same thing said to me a while back. what fun!)

People like this will turn a deaf ear to anything you say about the situation, so its best to ignore it and move on

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 11-30-2006, 09:00 AM
Happy

I can never get over the irony of people on a dog-obsessives' forum saying a dog is just dog-aggressive, as if it's ok that their dog kill your dog. I've had one dog badly traumatized and one dog mauled nearly to death by dogs who were just dog-aggressive. And lots of people have had dogs killed, sometimes right in front of them, by dog-aggressive dogs. Yet the attitude is often that the dogs who deserve protection, who need our help, are the DA ones. Bull. A dog-aggressive dog should be put down in this situation -

A dog as athletic and determined as a pit bull should not be 'getting out' in any case, and if he's proven himself to be so dog-aggressive he attempts to kill other dogs, once is too many times for an 'oops, he got out the gate.' I'm sure the owners love the dog, but they don't have a right to 'oops' accidents when their dog has the desire and often gets the opportunity to kill other people's beloved dogs.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:48 AM
Water Junkie

Sorry I was just venting on the fact that all the people in our neighborhood and most of the people I know think that ALL pits are BAD AND MEAN!

I totaly agree with you guys...Yes the pit had NO right to do what he did to the cat........It was TOTATLY WRONG!!!

Sorry I let you guys have the wright idea of what I was saying....I was really just trying to state that all the people I know have NO idea when it comes to pits and they say they are all mean, evil, bad, ect.

I agree the pit has NO rights in the situation....it was the owners fault....but I jsut HATE the fact that everyone does not like pits when they have not even had a chance to get to know one that is a friendly and a loving pit!

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 11-30-2006, 11:22 AM
Never enough pets

What an IDIOT! I totally know how you feel about this pit thing....
Sarah (my friend) and I were walking her pit bull Rupert & my boxer Georgia around and we passed this house that had junk in the driveway. This lady has 7-8 dogs a GSD (big sorta fluffy dog), Beagle, Chow Chow, Lab looking dog, 2 Chow/Lab looking dogs, Shar Pei mix looking dog, and that's all I saw. But I think they had more... and her HUGE and I mean really big German Shepherd attacked Sarahs GSD Max before. So she says "Walk your dogs somewhere else or I'll let them out and they're hurt your dogs", so I said, "This is a public road & we've got our dogs completely under control", Sarah said "They're on leashes" then she said, "Fine I'll let them out", and this is a grown women, no teenager or kid, an ADULT. "That's illegal so good luck with that" I said. Then she said "And don't let those two vicious pit bulls attack my dogs. And if mine attack yours I'll blame those pit bulls. And they'll get taken away!", "THEY DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG!" Sarah screamed at her. "Actually, pit bulls are some of the sweetest dogs in the world" I said and then she said "We had a pit bull in this neighborhood kill a dog and a cat before". "Well that's the owner's fault" I said and then she screamed at me (YES STILL AN ADULT!) "Shut up!". Sarah (VERY UPSET BY THE WAY) said "WHY DON'T YOU!". I was steaming... Sarah was crying. My mom was talking to their neighbor (a police women) and I'm not sure if she talked to that... idiotic lady, too. UGGGGGGGH! Why do people have to blame pit bulls? This whole thing was about pit bulls and how she thought they were scared of them. And Georgia isnt even a pit bull!

So I really know how you feel...
stupid people
Old 11-30-2006, 11:40 AM
Water Junkie

Thank You Neapolitanpitbull! I am glad some one is really saying what I am saying!

What a crazy Lady btw!

l ~Jennifer~ l
Old 11-30-2006, 12:05 PM
Top Dog

I just think that when it comes to "bigger" breeds people are ignorant. They don't care to find out anything about the breed and the good things about them.. they listen to tv and read articles warning them of the dangers of these dogs. It's silly IMO.

Now, I own small dogs and mine are thankfully pretty well behaved... but the other day I was walking them and saw a little chi snarling away at my pups. The owner goes Isn't that so cute? He wants to play!!

I was shocked. Yeah he wanted to play with his fangs bared and lunging at my pups. Don't think so.

www.lppboutique.com