Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-28-2006, 08:54 PM
Water Junkie

Default Ugh, I knew I HATED this neighborhood!

Well I always knew I hated and I mean HATED the our neighborhood and most of the people in it!

Okay so let me give you some info here about WHAT happend.....

Well, My dad is going for a walk with my sis Lacey, and he stops to talk to some guys on the street who were talking, okay. Well one guy...I do not remember if you guys remember me saying this guy has a dog that he lets roam the neighborhood with him out there and then they leave the dog outside there ALL day with no one there...Anyways, He is talking about his cat that was REALLY hurt by a pit on our street, well okay I understadn he is mad and all but ARE YOU JOKING the owners payed ALL the bills for the cat's surgery and stuff with cheerful hearts and wanted to help...okay....well he is STILL mad at this guy and says " I do not trust pits they could turn on you any minute now and I do not want it out and around my kids" okay this pit probably came from a Fighting home and was is VERY bad shape when they took it in....now it has some DA and they are doing all they came to help with it but they have another pit that cam from a good breeder and it is SUCH a big baby and LOVES dogs and people!

And what REALLY Erks my is that He is saying all this and that ALL pits are SOOOO DA and and can turn on you ANY min! Even the vet he went to said that!

And now our other neighbor says that pits are EVIL!!! AGH!!!!!

Now the owner of the cat has a VERY DA Golden and it bit the pit in the rear and the pit did what....NOTHING!!! And he still says that pits are DA and he does not want a DA dog or pit around his kid and animals! How STUPID can he be!!! He is saying all this BAD stuff about other dogs that are DA and he has a VERY Da dog himself and he is doing NOTHING about it! *goes and bangs head up the wall*

Ugh we do people have to be like that!

Sorry vent over.

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 11-28-2006, 09:02 PM
Puppy Dog

o wow... that's just dumb... I know some people like that too and it's very annoying...

thx to xo_PuPpYlUvEr_xo for this sig!!!

Lou's Dogster http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=429465

Buffy's Dogster http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=429473

Max's Dogster http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=429476
Old 11-28-2006, 09:02 PM
Top Dog

Too much media. They all get on the I hate pit bandwagon. Idiots.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:23 PM
Water Junkie

I know...I was mad all evening

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 11-29-2006, 12:04 AM
Big Dog

dogs are dogs.....its the owners who make them what they are.any dog, even a lil minnie pom. but we all know that. frustrates me too. Someone shot my rottweiler in my old neighborhood. Wouldnt hurt a fly either.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:31 AM
Top Dog

As they say.....Ignorance is bliss.....

This guy sounds like he's pretty flippin blissful, it's so much easier to believe what your told instead of learning for yourself.

Some people need a good smack of reality

Money will buy you a pretty good dog, but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Henry Wheeler Shaw
Old 11-29-2006, 10:28 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

No matter how cheerful a dog owner paid my cat's vet bills i would be furious if my pet had been harmed by someone's dog. That doesnt' mean he had a right to blanket statement the whole breed.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 11-29-2006, 10:49 AM
Happy

Anyways, He is talking about his cat that was REALLY hurt by a pit on our street, well okay I understadn he is mad and all but ARE YOU JOKING the owners payed ALL the bills for the cat's surgery and stuff with cheerful hearts and wanted to help...okay....well he is STILL mad at this guy

Gee, I wonder why? If my cat was so badly mauled by a neighbor's dog that he/she needed surgery, I wouldn't care how cheerful-hearted (wtf? who cares? they probably did it to cover theis a$$ anyway) the neighbors were, I'd still be angry at them too. Especially if they were trotting around the neighborhood blabbing about how their poor snookums baby pittie was so badly abused in a terrible fighting home and they had RESCUED it and oh, by the way, did you know that the jerk who made such a fuss about the cat thing actually has a GOLDEN (like they're so perfect) who BIT their pittie in the butt, poor snookums??

Face it. The pit bulls' owners have absolutely no leg to stand on when it comes to righteous indignation. Their pet tried to kill this guy's pet. This guy sounds like a jerk, letting his dog run loose, but he's got a perfect right to freaking hate those dogs and be bitter about the whole breed, based on his experience and the fact that there is a group of people who are his neighbors too, people he might feel should be sympathetic to him and his cat, who are gushing about poor pit bulls and how great they are. He might not be 100% in the right, but neither are you and your pitbull owning neighbor, and I think you could show some compassion toward his situation.
Old 11-29-2006, 01:15 PM
Puppy Dog

I don't know. I guess it would depend on the situation, which I can't really ascertain from the original post. If the pit was running loose, I would have a different opinion than if the cat were injured on the dog owner's property.

I live next door to a family that has 5 cats that come into my fenced yard all the time and I have to be crazy vigilant to make sure none are mucking around when I let my dog out. If my dog were to injure one of them, I don't think I would even offer to pay the vet bills. I wouldn't be happy about the situation and hope it never happens, but if it does it's my opinion that the onus in that situation falls solely on the neighbor.
Old 11-29-2006, 01:32 PM
Top Dog

If someone's loose dog had attacked my cat, I would be FURIOUS. If you have an animal- or human-aggressive animal, YOU are responsible for its actions. The pit bull owner paid the vet bills; good. But that's not making some huge, generous sacrifice. That's what he was responsible for anyway since the cat was attacked by HIS DOG.

Because of the dangers outdoors, I keep my cats inside, but if they did get out or if I was walking them and they were attacked by a dog? I would kick, hit, and attack the CRAP out of it until it backed off. I love animals, including dogs, but if one is attacking MY ANIMALS I'm going to do whatever it takes to protect them. Good for the golden retriever for biting it. (I'm assuming this happened while the pit bull was attacking the cat, not in a separate instance.)

I don't believe pit bulls as a breed are monsters, but people value THEIR OWN EXPERIENCES the highest. This guy saw his cat being mauled and, put together with all the bad publicity pitties get, naturally leapt to the conclusion that all pit bulls were "like that."

Who's fault is it that this man has a bad impression of pit bulls now? The pit bull's owner, that's who.

Edit: I'm not sure from the original post if the pit bull or the golden retriever was the one who was allowed to roam loose. Or both? If the guy with the golden retriever allowed it to roam, that too is COMPLETELY IRRESPONSIBLE.

But! Unless the pit bull was in its own yard when it attacked the cat, the pittie's owner is also irresponsible. People who can't properly contain or control a dog-aggressive, cat-aggressive, or human-aggressive dog should not own one!