Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-28-2006, 07:19 PM
Top Dog

Default Bite Force Comp., Pitbull, Rottie & Shepherd

I am very interested in learning about Shutzhund. I stumbled across this video today. Amazing to say the least!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...p;q=Rottweiler

Anybody out there that does Shutzhund?
Old 11-28-2006, 07:29 PM
Lord Cynical

If there was a responsible trainer in my area, I would definitely do Schutzhund. Suffice to say, there are no trainers in my state that I would trust to help me do Schutzhund.

Bitework is impressive, but I'm also interesting in the other 2/3 of Schutzhund - Schutzhund Obedience and Tracking... fun stuff!

Morado Dobermans... and Talla the Mexidog too! (group photo pending)
Old 11-28-2006, 08:33 PM
Felurian

I thought the little Pit was impressive! So much smaller than the other two and that launch through the air! What an athlete!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-28-2006, 08:38 PM
Pit Lover

OMG That Pit looks JUST like Dulce!
Old 11-28-2006, 08:46 PM
overdogged

hey that rottweiler has a tail! cool.

i'd love to learn schutzhund. neither of my dogs are appropriate temperaments for it, but someday. there is a schutzhund club sorta local, though i've never met them and have no idea if they're the kind of people i'd want to train with.
and Hambone, flyball hopeful
Save the pit bull, Save the world
Are you Unruly?
Old 11-28-2006, 09:22 PM
Top Dog

Would be interesting to do the math Bite power compared to body weight. I alos wonder if the Rottie was more into it than the Pittie. The GSD seemed the most hyped but the Pittie didn't seem as intense while actually biting. When it comes to chewing bones Athena can crack bones that my 130lb Rottie Moose (RIP) couldn't even think of. I think Bite pressure is a lot about intensity and drive, I think Moose was a lot more laid back than Athena (60lbs) is.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:16 PM
Are you dead yet?

Interesting. Beautiful dogs, I loved that little Pit Bull.

I'd be interested in doing schutzhund someday. Dakota may have some potential for it, though I'm not sure if we could ever compete (weight/height minimum? bet he's too little)
Old 11-29-2006, 09:21 AM
whatszmatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD View Post
Interesting. Beautiful dogs, I loved that little Pit Bull.

I'd be interested in doing schutzhund someday. Dakota may have some potential for it, though I'm not sure if we could ever compete (weight/height minimum? bet he's too little)
I"ve seen video's of boston Terriers doing it, and i've seen Corgi's in person as well. Of course they don't get titled, I've never seen them do thte meter hurdle or the 6 ft wall, but it doesn't mean they can't do the rest. It's lots of fun for the dog and handler.

Intensity and which drive the dog is in will have a bearing on how hard they're biting, none of those dogs looked really serious, so I bet they could all bite harder, and really when it comes down to it, most if intense enough could bite hard enough to break your bones, and they all hurt so to me it doesn't really matter which can bite the "hardest".