Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 11-28-2006, 06:24 PM
Andy

alright

but is it normal for what i explained about her having those bulges under her nipples? and her nipples seem to be more enlarged and tubular-ish sorta like a nursing bitch's
Old 11-28-2006, 06:31 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydog View Post
alright

but is it normal for what i explained about her having those bulges under her nipples? and her nipples seem to be more enlarged and tubular-ish sorta like a nursing bitch's
It can happen after a heat cycle OR it can be a sign of pregnancy.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:52 PM
Top Dog

Please check her out !!! Unless there was a tie , I doubt if she's pregnant , but only you and your watcher knows . If your vet can assure you that she is not pregnant , I'd wait 3 or 4 months then spay ( waiting until hormones return to normal ). If she is pregnant .... terminate ! People with unspayed females HAVE to really watch their females in heat for a good four weeks . These means at least 5 heats before even thinking of breeding . Believe me , unless you are a dedicated breeder , it's not worth the hassle .

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 11-29-2006, 02:42 PM
Andy

believe me im ready for the hassle (if anything happens) but i dont want it. i just wanted to make sure im not going to be wasting all the money to get her checked out by a vet.
Old 11-29-2006, 03:35 PM
whatszmatter

nobody can tell you if you're wasting money or not, who knows?? If you go do the spay, its taken care of, I assume you planned on doing that anyway in the future. If you don't and she end's up being pregnant you could be looking at rasing a littler of puppies, and at only 6 months old or 7 mo's that is very young to be having puppies, there could be problems with the mom when its all said and done.
Old 11-29-2006, 03:46 PM
Top Dog

It could also be a false pregnancy. Get her to the vet to find out...If she is get her spayed she is way to young to have pups and you could lose her and the pups. Don't take any risks they are not worth it.