Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-28-2006, 03:54 PM
Show Dog

Unhappy A bit worried..

There are many dogs being sold online in the classifieds. I have taken notice that these dogs have the price range from $0-5...I have also noticed that there are a lot of them being sold by the same owners...Do you think these people are running a puppy mill? They claim they are in states such as NY, NJ, OH, CA, etc. when in reality when you e-mail them they claim they are on a christian seminar in Nigeria or West Africa...I feel they might be running a puppy mill and I'm so worried about all of their animals I just want to adopt them all. Do you think they may be running a puppy mill?
Old 11-28-2006, 03:56 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggyLuva1128 View Post
There are many dogs being sold online in the classifieds. I have taken notice that these dogs have the price range from $0-5...I have also noticed that there are a lot of them being sold by the same owners...Do you think these people are running a puppy mill? They claim they are in states such as NY, NJ, OH, CA, etc. when in reality when you e-mail them they claim they are on a christian seminar in Nigeria or West Africa...I feel they might be running a puppy mill and I'm so worried about all of their animals I just want to adopt them all. Do you think they may be running a puppy mill?
No, I think they are running a common scam. This is a typical money scam where they ask you to send a certain amount of money via Western Union etc for a puppy. and then they take your personal information. Steer clear! They aren't selling puppies, they are trying to get your information and your money!
Old 11-28-2006, 03:59 PM
Yorkie Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by showpug View Post
No, I think they are running a common scam. This is a typical money scam where they ask you to send a certain amount of money via Western Union etc for a puppy. and then they take your personal information. Steer clear! They aren't selling puppies, they are trying to get your information and your money!
Ditto. Sounds more like a scam.. probably arent any puppies just pictures they use as bait.

Do yourself a favor and dont contact them.

Elissa
Old 11-28-2006, 03:59 PM
Show Dog

Oh it's funny because they asked for information and the money through Western Union. Aww your pup is adorable! I'm not even going to bother myself then because as I stated before they all claim they are on a christian mission.

Last edited by DoggyLuva1128; 11-28-2006 at 03:59 PM. Reason: typos
Old 11-28-2006, 04:23 PM
Top Dog

Yes its a money laundering scam. I report these adds now and the moderators of most sites take them down pretty quickly.