Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-28-2006, 03:07 PM
Pit Lover

I'm not using a stocking, but I am wrapping all her presents.

This is our first Christmas together too.

So far, I got her: a stuffed toy, treats. I am still going to get her a pack of squeaky tennis balls (her favorite) and Salmon oil (hopefully)

I on't want to go too all out because she coul care less about presents. So I'm holding off on sweaters, and charms for her collar, etc.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:10 PM
Top Dog

Tango and Winston both have stockings. The others don't yet, but will be getting one. We just put a couple toys in their's. Not a whole lot, but it makes them happy anyway.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:25 PM
Happy

She gets a stocking (but of course) which is a black and white leopard print, bone-shaped and large enough for dog treats. She also gets a load of wrapped gifts under the tree. All toys or treats or something she'll directly appreciate like a leash. She gets into it, ripping the wrapping paper off parcels and sticking her whole head into the stocking.

I always used to buy stuff for the dogs, cats, birds, etc., of people I exchange human gifts with, but not this year. I just get the 'ok, uh, thanks' response and Hen never gets a return gift, so I'm not wasting the money anymore.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:28 PM
Pit Lover

I hear that.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:49 PM
Happy

Thanks, I had worried I was being petty. I had considered buying everyone stuff I liked, then if they did the usual rather snarky reception of a dog treat for their pet, say "OK, well, I guess you won't like a weirdo's gift" and yoink, take back the human's gift. That seemed cruel, though.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:01 PM
Pit Lover

People just don't care, and are so ungrateful. Haha, I'm over giving humans gifts Except for immediate family..which I don't have much of anyway

I'm going to share a story with you..

Last year, I bought my Aunt TONS of stuff. Expensive makeup I thought she'd like, NICE jewelry, etc. I was really trying to show her I cared, and that I knew what she liked.

What did she get me? A PLASTIC snowflake ornament that broke. I really felt that all the things I had gotten her were unappreciated. I don't care about gifts, but it's the thought that counts, and she didn't put much thought into it. And my feelings were very much hurt, and still are.

So, this year, I'm not doing much for her. Getting a German Shepherd Calendar, and MAYBE somethig else, but that's it.

Do you get what I mean? If you put too much effort into gifts, and they are unappreciated, your feelings get hurt. And I want HAPPY Holidays this year
Old 11-28-2006, 04:38 PM
and Fozzie B!

This is going to be Fozzie's first Christmas, so I have to make it really special for them! They both have paw-shaped santa hat style stockings with their names in glitter glue. I'll probably stuff those with home made liver cookies & bully stix & lamb ears & other Merrick chews... then, of course I have to give them an awesome Raw meal... probably something like pig hock, foot, or shoulder. And the dogs always get more presents than most of the people in my family. Even relatives from TX and SC that don't send me a present send Gonzo a present for Christmas =P. I don't know yet what I'm getting them for presents. Probably some more Obedience classes for Fozzie. >_<

Gonzo & Fozzie are in a calendar for 2007, so I'm buying a bunch of those and giving them to my family... and to anyone else that I have no idea what to get them.

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 11-28-2006, 04:41 PM
and Fozzie B!

Quote:
Originally Posted by casablanca1 View Post
I always used to buy stuff for the dogs, cats, birds, etc., of people I exchange human gifts with, but not this year. I just get the 'ok, uh, thanks' response and Hen never gets a return gift, so I'm not wasting the money anymore.
I get everyone's dogs presents too. They usually laugh about it, because I spend more money on their dogs than on them. But I don't care if the people don't like it... I know their dogs will!

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 11-28-2006, 07:13 PM
Chihuahua Power!

We have doggy stockings as well

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 11-28-2006, 07:24 PM
Pit Lover

JESSIE! Gimme your signature!!