Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-17-2005, 09:22 AM
Big Dog

Smile carrots for my dobe?

I was wondering are carrots good for your dog's to eat Everyday my Doberman loves them. i have to ask my vet to. how many should i give him a Day
Thanks.
Sheila.
Old 04-17-2005, 09:37 AM
Top Dog

I think as long as it's not causing him any digestive upset, they're fine. They do have lots of vitamins. My dogs love carrots, but I only give an occasional one whole because they have fun with it. Otherwise I mince them up really small and sprinkle some on their food or lightly steam them so they're not so hard. Dogs have a bit harder time digesting hard, chunks of veggies than we do.
Old 04-17-2005, 09:52 AM
~3 Mutts~

My dogs are too picky to eat carrots LOL. I think that carrots would be fine, in moderation.
Old 04-17-2005, 10:03 AM
Big Dog

Smile Re:carrots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doberluv
I think as long as it's not causing him any digestive upset, they're fine. They do have lots of vitamins. My dogs love carrots, but I only give an occasional one whole because they have fun with it. Otherwise I mince them up really small and sprinkle some on their food or lightly steam them so they're not so hard. Dogs have a bit harder time digesting hard, chunks of veggies than we do.
THANKS FOR INFOR, OK I WILL DO THAT CUT UP SMALL AND STEAM THEM I KNOWEST DUKANE'S POOP HAS LOT'S OF CARROTS IN IT SO I WILL CUT DOWN ON THEM HE LOVES ANY KIND OF VEGGIES . HE GOES NUTS WHEN IAM IN THE KITCHEN PEELING CARROTS ..WILL TALK SOON AGAIN ABOUT OUR DOBES.
HAVE A NICE SUNNY DAY
SHEILA.
Old 04-17-2005, 10:39 AM
no touchy

Carrots are very good, but they have to be shredded for the dog to digest them properly. My girls looove carrots. I chop them up in to pieces, put them in a power chopper with some garlic cloves and eggs, and turn it on. They love it.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 04-17-2005, 11:18 AM
Big Dog

Talking Thanks For Infor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddylovesdogs
Carrots are very good, but they have to be shredded for the dog to digest them properly. My girls looove carrots. I chop them up in to pieces, put them in a power chopper with some garlic cloves and eggs, and turn it on. They love it.
OH I HAVE TO TRY THAT I DONT NO IF DUKANE WILL LIKE GALIC HE NEVER HAD IT HE LOVES HARD BOIL EGGS AND LIVER BOILED..
Old 04-17-2005, 12:01 PM
Felurian

Be careful of too much raw garlic! It can be toxic in too large a quantities. I think there's a sticky thread about it in the Food forum.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-17-2005, 12:35 PM
Top Dog

I use to have a vegetable garden with an over proportionate amount of carrots. I had horses and of course, they loved them. I'd dig some up for my mares and Bonnie, my Lab would be hanging out. She'd get one too. Before long, I caught her digging up her own carrots. She'd lie out on the lawn chewing away like it was a bone. My horses knew too where to find their own carrots. Anytime they got out of their fence (often...LOL) they'd go straight for the carrot rows in the garden...that or my lilac bush and once, the corner of my picnic table on the patio. If I was cooking in the kitchen and they were in my lawn which I let them do sometimes to eat the grass, they'd come to the sliding glass door, step up the few concrete steps that were there and beg at the door for me to bring them whatever I was cooking. These animals, dogs, horses...they all learn how to push our buttons.
Old 04-17-2005, 12:42 PM
Big Dog

Question horse harness?

Hi i was wondering if i can used a horse leather harness on my dobe for walking just a thought..
sheila,
Old 04-17-2005, 12:52 PM
Big Dog

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doberluv
I use to have a vegetable garden with an over proportionate amount of carrots. I had horses and of course, they loved them. I'd dig some up for my mares and Bonnie, my Lab would be hanging out. She'd get one too. Before long, I caught her digging up her own carrots. She'd lie out on the lawn chewing away like it was a bone. My horses knew too where to find their own carrots. Anytime they got out of their fence (often...LOL) they'd go straight for the carrot rows in the garden...that or my lilac bush and once, the corner of my picnic table on the patio. If I was cooking in the kitchen and they were in my lawn which I let them do sometimes to eat the grass, they'd come to the sliding glass door, step up the few concrete steps that were there and beg at the door for me to bring them whatever I was cooking. These animals, dogs, horses...they all learn how to push our buttons.
WOW HOW SMART THEY ARE YOUR ANIMALS. I HAVE A DOBE HE LETS ME KNOW IF ANYTHING BURNING ON THE STOVE HE HATES ME COOKING HE BARKS AT ME IN THE KITCHEN ONE TIME WE HAD A STOVE FIRE MY BOYFRIEND HE FOR GOT TO SHUT IT OFF AND DUKANE THIS DAY HE KNOWS FIRES. HE WOKE US UP MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT HES MY HERO.
SHEILA & DUKANE.