Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-27-2006, 03:03 PM
Water Junkie

HUGE Congrates!

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 11-27-2006, 03:57 PM
Int CH - $uperBitch

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

are you going to have him tested and breed him?

Old 11-27-2006, 05:20 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevinski View Post
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

are you going to have him tested and breed him?
Potentially. Provided he passes all health tests and a suitable female is found. We will be very picky if we do decide to breed him, haha. But I do really think he'd better the breed. He's got great conformation (for the most part, obviously every dog has faults) and the best personality you could ask for.

He's gotten lots of good comments from judges and long time breeders. He finished up in 12 shows and ended with two back to back 5 point majors, one of which was at a specialty show. He never placed BOB but we're in a huge papillon area and there are always 3-4, sometimes up to 9-10 specials showing and most are male. And several of them are top 10. I was really pleased about the specialty win, because it was a huge ring- 66 dogs. I bet there were over 100 there, including the obedience dogs and other ones there watching. And the judge was very knowledgeable and respected. Plus, everyone involved in papillons around here was there, plus the #1 papillon in the US. (He swept breed all four days at the show.) His breeder was there, his father's owner was there, and his sister's owner was there. The judge scared us all though, when they had the class winners out for winner's dog, he walked right past Beau and didn't even look at him. We all thought he didn't have a chance, but he won. I guess the judge was looking for reserve or already had his mind made up? I dunno, but it was very nerve wracking! Oh well, don't you love it when you have dramatic judges that like to play on everyone's nerves?

Old 11-27-2006, 05:21 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Congrats! That is great

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 11-27-2006, 07:17 PM
Top Dog

Wow, look at all those pretty ribbons
Old 11-27-2006, 07:28 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Potentially. Provided he passes all health tests and a suitable female is found. We will be very picky if we do decide to breed him, haha. But I do really think he'd better the breed. He's got great conformation (for the most part, obviously every dog has faults) and the best personality you could ask for.

He's gotten lots of good comments from judges and long time breeders. He finished up in 12 shows and ended with two back to back 5 point majors, one of which was at a specialty show. He never placed BOB but we're in a huge papillon area and there are always 3-4, sometimes up to 9-10 specials showing and most are male. And several of them are top 10. I was really pleased about the specialty win, because it was a huge ring- 66 dogs. I bet there were over 100 there, including the obedience dogs and other ones there watching. And the judge was very knowledgeable and respected. Plus, everyone involved in papillons around here was there, plus the #1 papillon in the US. (He swept breed all four days at the show.) His breeder was there, his father's owner was there, and his sister's owner was there. The judge scared us all though, when they had the class winners out for winner's dog, he walked right past Beau and didn't even look at him. We all thought he didn't have a chance, but he won. I guess the judge was looking for reserve or already had his mind made up? I dunno, but it was very nerve wracking! Oh well, don't you love it when you have dramatic judges that like to play on everyone's nerves?

No! I hate it when judges fool you like that LOL! It's all fun when it's over though and you walk away with the win.

I think Beau is great! Congratulations on his Championship and his 5 point majors in the end there. Very impressive.

I am so jealous as we still have that 1 point lurking over us.
Old 11-27-2006, 07:46 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

Oh, wow! Congrats!!! And what a beautiful dog!
Old 11-27-2006, 07:53 PM
RedyreRottweilers

Huge congratulations, he is quite lovely. I love the shot of him with his ribbons.

I just finished my girl back in September, so I share your joy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Well, Stinky's wins are in the AKC database and he got his Ch certificate in the mail so it's official now! Beau's a champion.

Here he is (With the puppy)

Hehe.... showing off. I should've gotten a good pic of the ribbons from the specialty, they have papillons on them. xD

Falling asleep on me

And finally giving up and going to sleep.

So much for pictures!
Old 11-27-2006, 08:32 PM
overdogged

congratulations! very cool.
and Hambone, flyball hopeful
Save the pit bull, Save the world
Are you Unruly?
Old 11-28-2006, 05:56 PM
I'm All Ears

Thanks for the comments! Congrats on finishing your girl too, Redyre! And good luck to Showpug! I'm sure you'll do just fine!