Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-16-2005, 04:08 PM
wannabe raw feeder

Question is my dog overweight?

hey!
my dog is a almost 2 year old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. he is very big boned, not your typical cavvy. he weighs 26 pounds and the average cav. weight is 18 -20 pounds... is he too heavy? he eats about 1 1/4 cup everyday of Nutro Natural Choice Ultra and gets two 10-15 walks a day. any more advice? should the vet check him out? is he even overweight?

thanks for all your help.

is there anyone else here who has cavaliers?

ps - how do i post pictures here? so i can show you guys a picture of him so you get a better idea of what i'm talking about.
Old 04-16-2005, 04:46 PM
no touchy

Quote:
ps - how do i post pictures here? so i can show you guys a picture of him so you get a better idea of what i'm talking about.
First you have to upload a picture to a site like www.photobucket.com. Once you have uploaded a photo, there will be three boxes, one of which will have the image (IMG) code. Copy that, and paste it into your post.

Can you see a waist line? When you pet him, with a little pressure, can you feel his ribs?
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 04-16-2005, 05:40 PM
Mop Lover!

yeah can you?

"You may have a dog that won't sit up, roll over or even cook breakfast, not because she's too stupid to learn how but because she's too smart to bother." - Rick Horowitz
Old 04-16-2005, 07:24 PM
Top Dog

You should be able to feel the dog's ribs when you run your hands along his sides with just a little pressure, not much. But you shouldn't see them sticking out. If he's too fat, you won't feel his ribs easily. Look online. There should be a chart with pictures somewhere to show the proper condition of a dog with comparison pictures of too fat and too skinny.