Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 11-26-2006, 03:34 AM
nothin' but a hound dog

Snark, I hope you donít mind, but I pasted them side by side, because I too kept scrolling up and down to compare.

Your shading is awesomeÖ and I didnít see anything wrong with it until I read others posts and I tried to look deeper at what it is you wanted. I can see now that it is a pretty drawing more then the moody aspect that is evoked in the photograph.

My arty friend said to me once a long time ago, that a drawing isnít ever ruined, because you can keep adding to it to cover up your mistake or until you get it right. Ack I canít remember how she said it, but it rang pretty true for me.

Beagle Property Laws

1. If I like it, it's mine.
2. If it's in my mouth, it's mine.
3. If I can take it from you, it's mine.
4. If I had it a little while ago, it's mine.
5. If it's mine, it must never appear to be yours in any way.
6. If I'm chewing something up, all the pieces are mine.
7. If it just looks like mine, it's mine.
8. If I saw it first, it's mine.
9. If you are playing with something and you put it down, it automatically becomes mine.
10. If it's broken, it's yours.

Old 11-26-2006, 09:41 AM
Mutts to you

Thanks, smkie and makka619, I don't mind a bit. I could see them side by side when I uploaded the pics into Photobucket, what a contrast. *sigh*
I don't think I can fix this - the perspective and angles are too far off.

I guess I'll try to finish off this drawing (pretending it's not related to the photo at all and in keeping with the gentler, kinder look, I think I'll stick him in a pasture, rather than the shed) and try another later.

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but Iím not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. -Robert McCloskey
Old 11-26-2006, 10:15 AM
nothin' but a hound dog

So I got curious as to what your other drawings were like if you were so dissapointed with this one, and I checked out your other threads...

And geez your work is absolutly amazing... honestly I had to keep re-checking where you said some of them were pencil/pastel drawings lol.

Beagle Property Laws

1. If I like it, it's mine.
2. If it's in my mouth, it's mine.
3. If I can take it from you, it's mine.
4. If I had it a little while ago, it's mine.
5. If it's mine, it must never appear to be yours in any way.
6. If I'm chewing something up, all the pieces are mine.
7. If it just looks like mine, it's mine.
8. If I saw it first, it's mine.
9. If you are playing with something and you put it down, it automatically becomes mine.
10. If it's broken, it's yours.

Old 11-26-2006, 11:45 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

i agree, its a do over. I asked my teach at the tute when i would could stop doing everyting twice, and he said when i didn't want to be an illustrator anymore. sometimes it goes that way heading west Of course you know the second time would be postively brilliant don't you? And will go twice as fast.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white cat
Old 11-26-2006, 12:03 PM
Top Dog

It is a beautiful drawing Snark, but it doesn't capture what you wanted to. It's immaterial as you've decided to move on rather than obsess about it but if you don't mind I'd like to stick in my tuppence worth because I think you are really looking for some input.

The girl's hand is stiff. In the photo she has a natural curve to her fingers.

Yes, to what was said about the neck and the expression in the eyes, but I also think that what has thrown the pic a little is the width between the eyes and the depth of shadow on the bridge of the nose.

Your art is always inspiring Snark and your worst pieces are things I could only aspire to in my wildest dreams. If I drew that baby, I'd be so proud it would be engraved on my headstone.
Old 11-26-2006, 12:11 PM
Mutts to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by smkie View Post
i agree, its a do over. I asked my teach at the tute when i would could stop doing everyting twice, and he said when i didn't want to be an illustrator anymore. sometimes it goes that way heading west Of course you know the second time would be postively brilliant don't you? And will go twice as fast.
Lol! I hope so!

Thanks, makka619!

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but Iím not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. -Robert McCloskey
Old 11-26-2006, 12:19 PM
Mutts to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyeboxer View Post
It is a beautiful drawing Snark, but it doesn't capture what you wanted to. It's immaterial as you've decided to move on rather than obsess about it but if you don't mind I'd like to stick in my tuppence worth because I think you are really looking for some input.

The girl's hand is stiff. In the photo she has a natural curve to her fingers.

Yes, to what was said about the neck and the expression in the eyes, but I also think that what has thrown the pic a little is the width between the eyes and the depth of shadow on the bridge of the nose.

Your art is always inspiring Snark and your worst pieces are things I could only aspire to in my wildest dreams. If I drew that baby, I'd be so proud it would be engraved on my headstone.
Thanks for your tuppence worth! Lol! Yeah, I think it really falls apart below the noseband. I'm usually pretty good at picking up spatial relationships, but boy, when I mess up... Wrong angles, didn't catch the perspective on the muzzle and that darned hand! Lol! You know, looking at it, I think I just drew my own stubby little digits in there, instead of my friend's long fingers...

Old 11-26-2006, 12:40 PM
Top Dog

Okay so... really looking forward to the next one. Have you ever drawn any boxers? If so, would you mind, pleeeease.... to upload a boxer pic.
Old 11-26-2006, 12:47 PM
Agility freak!

I just noticed the neck line, it kind (And I dont mean to sound nasty!!) But the yhorse kind of look - - ::Ahem:: Over weight? Or not eveer that, just REALLY huge, and in the photo he looks tall, rather than big... I am sorry I couldnt be of more help, I do look forward to seeing the other copy though!!! I am sure it will be amazing(just like all of your other drawings )

Zoey - Mini Aussie / Psyche - Border Collie / Simi - GSD
Forever Missed Bella - GSD [03-11-07 - 09-17-10]
Going For 'Good Dog!' Blog
Old 11-26-2006, 07:11 PM
Mutts to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyeboxer View Post
Okay so... really looking forward to the next one. Have you ever drawn any boxers? If so, would you mind, pleeeease.... to upload a boxer pic.
Sorry, checked through my photo files and I guess no one ever asked for a portrait of a boxer (Most of my work is commissioned, except for the stuff I do for gifts for friends and family.)