Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-23-2006, 07:05 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

That to me is the difference between the dogs i love which i do, and the ones i call my heart dogs. You can't help but feel a stronger attatchment even if you don't want to feel that way you do. It is unforunate that they know it as well. I do believe they accept it as they would the ranking of a pack, but that is just a theory.
Bless you Gig Ems for those are the ones that need it the most.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 11-23-2006, 07:13 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Well.... Buddy is my heart dog so that in itself entails a lot more than I could ever put into words. We have a strong bond, I love him in different ways than I do Banzai.

Banzai I also love, but it's different. Would I fight the same and do the same for him as I do for Buddy? Absolutely...it's just a different love... I can't explain it, I really can't.

Old 11-23-2006, 07:16 PM
Scum scum scum scum..SCUM

I'm thinking the reason the bond between Squid and I is stronger is not only because I raised Squid from a little bitty baby but also because Tiki hasn't always been settled with one family or person.. I'm not sure of her history but she was certainly with at least one other person for 3-4 years.. and was then in a foster home for a while.. and then came to me.. the feeling I get from her is more of independence.. almost like she keeps a bit of distance, emotion wise.. but with Squid maybe since he's only known me as his family he's more open to giving his love and affections..? And that makes the bond between me and him feel stronger.. I think that makes sense.. ?

Thanks BP!! I LOVE it!! I'VE BEEN FROSTED! I have been befriended by Buddy'sParents! YAY!

Breathless, we flung us on a windy hill,
Laughed in the sun, and kissed the lovely grass.
~Rupert Brooke

Nature hates calculators.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

To me a lush carpet of pine needles or spongy grass is more welcome than the most luxurious Persian rug.
~Helen Keller

TBPC "Smokin"
Old 11-23-2006, 07:17 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Makes a lot of sense, Heather.

Old 11-23-2006, 07:21 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

I don't know why Bronki and i were so tight, and i don't know why Victor slithered his wiggly self right into Bronki's spot on the bed and in my heart. I love my Mary dearly don't ever get me wrong, but she is content in her place with me and doesn't insist on the limelight. Mary is getting ready to leave me soon, i know that, and i don't know if my reaction is a way of self heart protection either. I have never felt and don't know if i ever will again that power that Bronki and i had, it was as if we were of one mind. He is the only dog i ever felt knew me through and through as i did him. Pickie was my playmate as a child, Charlie my protector, but Bronki was a part of my soul. THere are no words i can find to say that better.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 11-23-2006, 08:03 PM
Horses, Dogs, God-Love

I love Honey more for her protectiveness, loyalty, and smartness, Princess more for her cuteness, her sweetness, and her love, and Oscar more for his happy-go-luckiness, funniness, and his shyness. So I love them all more for different reasons.

The Siggy Moves! Watch!

I'VE BEEN FROSTED and BEFRIENDED!
Old 11-23-2006, 08:21 PM
overdogged

i don't think i love one dog more than the other, but there's something special about my relationship with luce. maybe it's because i appreciate her drivey, intense personality more than i appreciate shroomdog's laid back, mellowness.

they're both my babies, and they're my heart.
and Hambone, flyball hopeful
Save the pit bull, Save the world
Are you Unruly?
Old 11-23-2006, 09:00 PM
orange iguanas.

I absolutely love Molly more. This is going to sound so horrible, but I just don't have that kind of 'attachment' to Lucy.

Lucy was supposed to be "my" dog, I paid for her, but that connection just really isn't there. I think my mom loves her a whole lot more than I do (not to say I don't love her.)

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 11-23-2006, 09:11 PM
Top Dog

Okay, I only have one dog, but I have to be honest and say as a person seriously thinking about getting a second dog this thread is kind of depressing and making me second think it
Old 11-23-2006, 09:34 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

I love my dogs so much and in very, very different ways. But I do think my bond with Millie is tighter. Like Squid said I've had her for so long she knows nothing else. I've actually had her from day, hour, minute one. The bond I have with her is so overpowering.
I love Lucy so much, too, and we are getting closer each and every day as our bond grows while time passes. But Millie is absolutely devoted to me while Lucy is more independent.
When I look at my dogs, especially Millie, my heart just fills up and I beam. All the pain that I've felt in my life is no longer left a gaping hole. I will always know of my dogs as my soul savers. Sometimes I just have to give them an enormous hug and tell them how much I love them. I can't help but cry when I think of the day I will lose them. I don't know how life would go on without my babies. . .
Millie is absolutely my heart dog, though. . .she is from Mandy who I lost at such a tender age, and she has saved my mom's heart and soul as well when she was going through cancer. Millie would tuck her in with her snout and guard her, and run and bark to people when my mom was having a spasm or vomiting and choking from all the side effects on chemo and radiation. She always protects me when I am scared and I know my girl would do anything for me. Millie is like an alert dog, when there's something wrong with me or my mom she knows it even if we don't. She is just a pure gold heart of love.
I can't say I love her more, but I love them SO differently.
Lucy is a quite a character and she is so comforting when I am having a panic attack. I just reach down under the covers and feel her breathing and it calms me down. We are bonded very much and it grows each day. She is endlessly entertaining and she is quite a character. But she can switch into a cuddly, comforting, calm mode. She is sooo loveable.
I love my dogs.