Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-24-2006, 10:51 AM
Felurian

I enjoy the fact that the dogs and I don't converse like humans. We have things sorted out far better between us - no misunderstandings, no bickering, to occasional disagreement over what takes priority is easily ironed out . . . all in all, we have a mode of communication that is far superior to the spoken or written word

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-24-2006, 10:55 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

I think they do talk, we just need to learn their language. I believe victor said when another dog came into "HIS" clay guild. and didn't have to be good, that it was unfair. He grumbled griped and moaned his opinions on the big oaf's behavior while HE had to stay on his rug. I had to spend several years of my life with my jaw demobilized due to tmj. I couldn't talk, it hurt too much. It is amazing what you hear when you cannot participate. It is amazing how much noise we really make without saying anything at all. Yet a dog can say so much in one whimper, or wag, or gaze.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 11-24-2006, 11:06 AM
Felurian

You're right, Smkie . . . they do "talk." We just don't listen very well most of the time

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-24-2006, 12:07 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

we don't even listen to each other I envy you Gig 'em, that sounds like the best way to spend a morning. Victor would be so happy to have such a place to run. AS it is i took him to GG's to play with Shaffer in his yard. I hope your weather was as lovely as our is today.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 11-24-2006, 12:10 PM
Top Dog

Good points Smkie and Renee

I believe you can 'talk' to animals, just a different kind of communication.
Old 11-24-2006, 12:15 PM
Water Junkie

I agree with Smkie and Renee!

Lizzie and I "talk" all the time...just in a different way

I like the saying in Zooms Siggie...."There is no language barrier between animals and the people that love them."

But also I think you have to be intune with your dogs to really know them and they know what you are thinking and we know what they are thinking!

At least that is the way it is with Lizzie and I! Maybe I am just really lucky to have a dog like that

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 11-24-2006, 12:19 PM
Love My KEEShond

I think it'd be sorta weird if dogs could talk...all the secrets we share with them now could be out in the open if they could talk. Which wouldn't be too great for some of us

Max would probably say, "Give me a treat, take me for a walk, and I'll be happy."
Old 11-24-2006, 12:22 PM
JP Cattle Co.

Howdy Smkie!!! It was quite a lovely day spent with the dogs; they ran around and I vegetated for a spell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smkie View Post
we don't even listen to each other I envy you Gig 'em, that sounds like the best way to spend a morning. Victor would be so happy to have such a place to run. AS it is i took him to GG's to play with Shaffer in his yard. I hope your weather was as lovely as our is today.
Old 11-24-2006, 12:46 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

I totally agree with Renee, Smkie, and Lizmo. Dogs say so much, it's a matter of whether you listen to what they are saying. What they communicate is very powerful, you just have to be in tune with your dogs.
My dogs and I communicate in many ways, and that's where the quote already stated ("There is no languange barrier between dogs and the people that love them") comes into play. I fully believe that.
Old 11-24-2006, 05:52 PM
Puppy Dog

I have a stronger relationship with my dog than several of my friends. I think it's to do with the lack of paranoia. If the dog could talk I couldn't assume what she's saying is nice! But yeah, you can tell a lot from a dog and communicate in a different type of way if you just look. I think it's really important, one of the ways we can tell if our pet is sick.

For example, Jessie is epileptic but I can tell when she is close to having a fit, and get her somewhere safe. It's very useful.

However if she could talk it would be a lot easier to tell XP. Dogs would probably become the master race, most have a lot more sense than some humans.

I talk to Jess though, in a high-pitched voiced. It's the same voice mothers use to talk to young babies, called mamamese or something?

I've been frosted!