Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-22-2006, 12:43 AM
Scum scum scum scum..SCUM

Not a fan of Jacks.. I do prefer big dogs.. and not to much yip yappity energy.. but whatever floats yer boat

Thanks BP!! I LOVE it!! I'VE BEEN FROSTED! I have been befriended by Buddy'sParents! YAY!

Breathless, we flung us on a windy hill,
Laughed in the sun, and kissed the lovely grass.
~Rupert Brooke

Nature hates calculators.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

To me a lush carpet of pine needles or spongy grass is more welcome than the most luxurious Persian rug.
~Helen Keller

TBPC "Smokin"
Old 11-22-2006, 01:20 AM
Pit Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tucker&Me~ View Post
^LOL, I know, it's absolutely pointless. Let them post their threads, just don't read them. LOL, is it just too hard to understand people?

For crying out loud, I think I am more mature then a lot of 'adults' on here. Geez, I myself am only 14... *rolls eyes*

~Tucker

Old 11-22-2006, 05:59 AM
overdogged

well, i'll go against the grain and say that i am more of a terrier person

i've met some really fun jacks, and i've met some really out of control jacks. it's so dependent on the owner. they are a LOT of dog in a small package, and i can appreciate that. i like dogs with minds of their owns and attitudes to match. unfortunately, a lot of people buy them because they're little and cute and don't train them and then the dogs are out of control.

but that's not a jack problem, that's a dumb owner problem.
and Bean FDCh-S
Save the pit bull, Save the world
Are you Unruly?
Old 11-22-2006, 08:04 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Wow - seems alot of people having hormonal mood swings at the moment?

Just ignore threads you don't like....

Personally, I like Jack Russels. I like dogs, full stop.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 11-22-2006, 08:16 AM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubylove View Post
Actually, I agree Tucker. And I've just looked...Honey_Bear is 12, Lacygirl is her friend, and probably about the same age. It explains a lot, so we should all just chill out and bow out. It's pointless arguing with children (and I really don't intend that to sound mean!) and I wasn't exactly mature and rational at that age, either!
Forum is for folks aged 13 and over for a reason I suppose.

Lacy, please re-size your signature, it is quite large and takes up quite a bit of space. If you need help doing so, please PM me. Thank you.

As far as JR's....I like them if they are well trained. I haven't met many in my life so I can't say that they are my favorite breed. But they have potential just as any other dog has also.

Old 11-22-2006, 09:10 AM
Angel Chicken

I LOVE Jack Russell Terriers!

Kona is 1/2 Jack Russell Terrier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegy
i've met some really fun jacks, and i've met some really out of control jacks. it's so dependent on the owner. they are a LOT of dog in a small package, and i can appreciate that. i like dogs with minds of their owns and attitudes to match. unfortunately, a lot of people buy them because they're little and cute and don't train them and then the dogs are out of control.

but that's not a jack problem, that's a dumb owner problem.
Yup, I was going to say the exact same thing. JRT's can be a wonderful dog if they are trained properly, given the proper amount of exercise, so on and so fourth. Kona has the high energy of a JRT, and it takes an insane amount of time to get that energy to burn off at night before bed (I usually have a long play session to get her worked out). Alot of JRT owners don't take measures like this to make sure their little Jack Russell Terrorist (LOL!) stays out of trouble!
Old 11-22-2006, 09:38 AM
Water Junkie

Really...No I do not like them

But if some one here has one that I know...Virginia maybe...not sure if Lacy is part Jack? Yes I like hers but for the most part no!

I like soft furry animals!

Also did you see that she has a shock collar on !!! UGH!

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 11-22-2006, 11:50 AM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

We don't know if Lucy is part Jack. . .she's part some terrier, be it rat terrier, toy fox terrier, etc. and part chihuahua. I work very hard to occupy Lucy, it's a must if you have a terrier-type.
I like well-behaved Jacks.
Old 11-22-2006, 11:54 AM
wolf girl

I like them sometimes, some of them have a lot of hyperness problems. My grandpa had three jack russell terriers on his farm, he raises black and tan coon hounds and redbone coon hounds for raccoon hunting, and beagles for rabbit hunting. I'm not sure why he got the jacks, I think just on a whim because someone offered them. They were all very sweet and would follow me everywhere while I was out there, they loved to play and be petted. The male was wire-haired and he was SO cute... he was also a tough little booger! My grandma is very afraid of snakes and never did like dogs at all, despite grandpa having quite a few of them...but she liked the little male jack russell because he would kill snakes! They did have aggression problems with his other dogs though... one of his beagle pups somehow got out of its pen and the three jacks killed it After that he ended up selling them to a friend of his. But I did really like those three dogs anyway, jack russells aren't my favorite type of dog but they are very cute

Thank you Makka619 & Brattina!!

Old 11-22-2006, 12:08 PM
Fuzzy Pants

I like the Parsons (I prefer to use that name, myself). I don't mind the hyper activity, because it's part of the dog. If you don't like that, then that's perfectly okay, just don't buy/adopt one.

I've had two Parsons, and adored them both. One was extremely hyper, and the other was extremely laid back, unless she had a tennis ball in her mouth.