Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 04-15-2005, 02:22 PM
Puppy Dog

Talking bichon frise

well darn i should have found this site last week, im sure i would have gotten all kinds of helpful input on looking for a bichon frise female puppy!!!! i am going to put a deposite down on one today, its been a long hard decision and hope i am making the right one!!!! any helpful tips are appreciated and i would love to hear about your own bichons!!!! im new here and new to the breed, i am not looking for a show quality just an affordable pet quality to grow up with my son. its his birthday present he turns 2 next week!!! hes gonna love it, only our kitty might get jealous!
Old 04-15-2005, 02:28 PM
Big Mutts

What about adopting from the pound instead of buying?
Old 04-15-2005, 02:43 PM
Puppy Dog

well i had checked all the adoptions, kennels, and punds around me but i am not sure about adopting an older female, altho most didnt have any and barely get them in, but i did check the recues and i am on a list there but the odds of a female puppy comming along and us being choosen for her???? so i started looking around from breeders, ive gotten so excited along with my son now, i dont know if we could wait any longer LOL!!!! we have saw many puppies and finally found one near us within reason price wise and kinda just love her i tried not too but you know how unresistable puppies are!!! im suppose to be getting ready now as we speak to go back and see her again go over paperwork and put a deposite, i do wish i would have used my brain and thought of jioning a forum sooner, im sure this would have been alot of help!!! but now im glad i will have a place for all my puupy qustions, like what peole prefer for bichons to eat, or even whats the best treats and chews for them?........... im starting my shopping now so i will have everything ready for her when she comes here, im also budgeting pet supplies so feel free to share secrets!!!!!!! ive fell in love with the pink doggy beds, way out of my price range to create my own!!! anyone interested?
Old 04-15-2005, 02:48 PM
Big Mutts

You just have your heart set on this breed and female? There are a lot of good suggestions in dogfood threads for food. We give Carey Snausages. My daughter will also be 2 (in July). My mama made Carey's dog bed for me.
Old 04-15-2005, 02:57 PM
Puppy Dog

actually i do, its funny tho ive never been a small dog person, ive liked them just never had a desire for one, ive always had the plan to get a yellow lab but i feel now i would be overwhelmed with a large dog in this house and am not ready for one yet. and by chance happened to meet someone who owned a bichon and another mixed one and thats all it took!!! and nothing against boys id just prefer a lil girl!!! since i dont have a daughtr yet lol, it must be fun with ur lil girl!!! my boy is great but i do hope for a girl later and then thats it, but for now my son is more then enough!!! 2 is a great age isnt it, got ur hands full i bet! thats nice your mom made one, i think it is the cheapest way to go and then more personal as you customized it!
Old 04-15-2005, 03:04 PM
Big Mutts

Girls are so much fun to dress up although Maggie will no longer leave a hairbow in . Yes 2 is fun, she talks nonstop, and they say the cutest things! We hope for a boy next, and that will be all for us too. We have just started trying for 2nd one, may take awhile. Took 2 and a half years for me to get pregnant with Maggie . Big dogs are great too We've had Carey for 5 years, she was our first baby. And Great with Maggie. We have homemade sheet to go on bed too, bed itself is made of vinyl, so you can wipe it off and then wash the sheet.
Old 04-15-2005, 03:09 PM
Big Mutts

Gotta run, Maggie just got up from nap. Snack time and then outside to play, such a pretty day here. Nice talkin' to ya Bichon Gal, Cya next time
Old 04-15-2005, 03:18 PM
Top Dog

Welcome to the group !! You'll get a lot of info and support here. Since you're new, you may not have seen my praises of the book " How to Raise A Puppy You Can Live With".....Rutherford and Neill. EXCELLENT book ! Check it out on line. Good luck !
Old 04-16-2005, 12:23 AM
Puppy Dog

thanks!!!
my lil critter is saying everything hes in the mimic phase!!!!! so hes picking up all kinds of stuff!!!! i wish you the best in getting pregnant this time, im no where near ready for my next thats why i got a pup LOL!!!! i cant wait to get her!!
Old 04-16-2005, 12:32 AM
Puppy Dog

If this is to grow up with your son get a real dog... not some bichon frise (thats a girly dog no offence)...