Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 11-20-2006, 03:40 PM
Active Pup

Unhappy Don't Know What's Wrong

Well, I woke up today in the morning, and I called my dog. He was lying in his little corner as always, but didn't seem to respond at all. I went outside and called him, and he was just lying there looking at me with sort of a sad face. He doesn't get up at all. I tried giving him some meat (I put the bowl right up to him), and he just ignored it. I don't know what's wrong. He's a real energetic dog, and this just isn't him. It seems like he's sick, but I fear it's something worse. Also, about a month ago I found a small lump on the left of his ribs. It feels hard, but it didn't seem to bother him. But now he's not getting up, and he's closing his eyes. I don't know what to do. I came on here to get some help (hopefully). Any info is appreciated...
Old 11-20-2006, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha411 View Post
Well, I woke up today in the morning, and I called my dog. He was lying in his little corner as always, but didn't seem to respond at all. I went outside and called him, and he was just lying there looking at me with sort of a sad face. He doesn't get up at all. I tried giving him some meat (I put the bowl right up to him), and he just ignored it. I don't know what's wrong. He's a real energetic dog, and this just isn't him. It seems like he's sick, but I fear it's something worse. Also, about a month ago I found a small lump on the left of his ribs. It feels hard, but it didn't seem to bother him. But now he's not getting up, and he's closing his eyes. I don't know what to do. I came on here to get some help (hopefully). Any info is appreciated...
I'd be on my way to the Vet ASAP. Hope everything is OK and that the lump doesn't prove to be something serious...keep us posted but please do take your guy in to see the doggie doc..

I LOVE my new siggy Baxter'smybaby, THANK YOU SO MUCH....you're the BEST!!!!!!!

http://www.diamondintheruffcalgary.com/
Old 11-20-2006, 04:23 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Vet!!

I hope he's okay!

Old 11-20-2006, 05:05 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

Take him to the vet as soon as you can!!

Keep us updated!
Old 11-20-2006, 05:46 PM
Horses, Dogs, God-Love

You need to get him to the vet to make sure there is nothing major. I hope he'll be okay!

The Siggy Moves! Watch!

I'VE BEEN FROSTED and BEFRIENDED!
Old 11-20-2006, 08:29 PM
Top Dog

Yes , check out that lump ASAP !!! Could be nothing , but could be a signal if in a lymph node.

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 11-21-2006, 08:41 PM
Active Pup

I took Fluffy to the vet yesterday (11-20-06). His stool was almost pure blood, and he was depressed because of his symptoms. The vet highly recommended he immediately get ivy and stay the night. So we left him there, ivy attached and all. The vet called today with the best news I could have hoped for. He was back to his normal self, not letting the vet touch him Turns out he had a real bad infection due to something he may have eaten like mushrooms or harmful weeds. They tried to take blood from him, but he was so dehydrated (due to the infection) that all they drew was a black, thick liquid. The 24 hr. stay covered injections, x-rays, and additional treatments (can't name everything). But he's perfectly well now. He has to take two meds, 3x a day. After that he'll be done with treatment.

On another note, he's had what seems to be some type of irritation in his right eye for a good 4 months or so. It looks like a light shade of blue with red (almost bloody) veins. I asked the vet about it, and he said he couldn't look at it because Fluffy wasn't letting himself. He also added that it would be better to get Fluffy back to 100% before he checks out the eye, so I guess that's understandable. But it seems more irritated now, almost like blood-shot. Is this something I should be concerned about? When I initially took him in for the irritation (about 4 months ago), they told me it was just that (an irritation), and that he was developing cataracts. But on a scale of 1 to 10, the cataracts was a little less than a 1. They prescribed some medicine to put in his eye, but it really didn't help. It doesn't seem to bother him, so I really haven't worried. But it seemed a lot worse today, so I'm concerned again. Any remedities or advice for now other than the vet? I plan on taking him to the vet again, but only after he gets back to 100%. Thanks in advanced...

Sorry for the long post
Old 11-22-2006, 12:38 AM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

I'm glad you took him in.

I hope he fully recovers.

Best of luck to you.

Old 11-22-2006, 11:30 AM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

So relieved you took him to the vet! Wishing him a full and quick recovery.
Old 11-22-2006, 06:55 PM
Active Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy'sParents View Post
I'm glad you took him in.

I hope he fully recovers.

Best of luck to you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Pups View Post
So relieved you took him to the vet! Wishing him a full and quick recovery.
Thank you