Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-19-2006, 05:15 PM
Top Dog

Default Roxy's Match Results!

I found out late last week about a correction match being held close by and decided that everything was slack enough for Roxy and I to attend. I thought it would be a good time to see how she'd handle the stresses of the "show" world without there being too much pressure on performance.

The rules at a correction match are not nearly as strict. The judging is the same, but you can speak to your dog, do leash corrections etc, but you get docked points for every "correction" no matter what kind.

It's a show environment, but it's kind of a practice run.

We sat around in the crowded area for 2 and a half hours, and Roxy was awesome. After five minutes she settled down and relaxed didn't snarl at anyone!

So here are her results:

Heel on Leash & Figure 8 (40): 36

SFE (30): 0

Heel Free (40): 37.5

Recall (30): 29

Long sit (30): 30

Long down (30): 30

Total (200) 162.5

So in my books, LOL, seeing as we took a zero for the SFE she got 162.5/170. Pretty darn good!

For the SFE, seeing as it was a correction match, the judge offered to just stand beside her for a moment to help desensitize her. She stood very close, her leg was touching Roxy's shoulder. Roxy looked up at her and sniffed her arm, as soon as I saw she wasn't showing any teeth or even licking her lips, I said "Good girl!" she looked at me, and I returned. We still got a 0 because there was no real examination, but I'm very proud of her, especially in this stressful situation with a complete stranger.

We train with a Voldhard, but like in a real match you can't use them, so we worked on a flat buckled collar today. No problems! She got one collar correction for a slack front in the recall, but no leash corrections in anything. I did speak to her offen in the off lead heeling because of all of the distractions though. But for our first time, her performance was excellent. Yeah I did speak to her, which is not allowed in a real trial but the whole point of us going wasn't to act like it was a real show, I just wanted to see her reaction to all of the dogs and people and the general situation.

I got compliments as soon as I left the ring for having such a hard working, happy dog, the latter couldn't have pleased me more! She was quite happy, tail wagging, smiling, tongue out.

I was a bit worried for the long sits and downs, we were placed next to an antsy retriever who was up and down, and it's owner was continually yelling at it and correcting it, but all that proofing we do in school was obviously worth while! She got 2 perfects for her sits and downs.

SO all in all it was a fantastic day! I now know that *I* am the nervous one, Roxy wasn't nervous at all. She can obviously perform well in the stressful situations that a trial has and her fake SFE was fantastic!

I'm one happy mom today!
Old 11-19-2006, 05:18 PM
Water Junkie

YAH!!!!!

So happy for you guys!! You really deserve to win!!! You have been through SO much!

Pics?

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 11-19-2006, 05:21 PM
Top Dog

Lizzie! I saw a dog that looked EXACTLY like your Lizzie today! It was insane! It was a male though. I swear Lizzie has a twin up here in Canada!

No piccies, I went all by my lonesome today. My bf had to stay with Hades and I didn't want any distractions like my dad there. Roxy loves him and would've spent the whole time trying to get to him! LOL Just me and my girlie!
Old 11-19-2006, 05:26 PM
tessa_s212

Yay! CONGRATS! ANd good job!
Old 11-19-2006, 05:26 PM
Water Junkie

Lizzie did have like...3 or 4 brothers!!! Could have been! How AWSOME!!!

Okay no pics! Still sad but okay!

I am sorta conufused...I thought you were going to show Roxy?

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 11-19-2006, 05:32 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
I am sorta conufused...I thought you were going to show Roxy?
We still have some stuff to work on, *cough*SFE*cough*, so she's not ready to go to a real show yet.

This is the first time she's ever been in that kind of environment as well. We'll see, if we can get a solid, stable SFE from her she may be shown in obedience. Today was a correction match, so pretty much a practice run for people who are showing in obedience, or just fun for people who train and want to see how their dogs are doing.
Old 11-19-2006, 05:35 PM
Scum scum scum scum..SCUM

YAY ROXIE!!!! I knew she had it in her! What a good girlie! Congrats.. she deserves lots o' treats and lovins! Send her kisses from Auntie Heather and cousins Squid and Tiki

Thanks BP!! I LOVE it!! I'VE BEEN FROSTED! I have been befriended by Buddy'sParents! YAY!

Breathless, we flung us on a windy hill,
Laughed in the sun, and kissed the lovely grass.
~Rupert Brooke

Nature hates calculators.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

To me a lush carpet of pine needles or spongy grass is more welcome than the most luxurious Persian rug.
~Helen Keller

TBPC "Smokin"
Old 11-19-2006, 05:35 PM
Water Junkie

Oh Okay

l ~Jennifer~ l
Old 11-20-2006, 02:33 PM
Top Dog

JENN! Don't you care how your niece did?!?!?!?!

Old 11-20-2006, 02:35 PM
Dog Show Addict

LMAO I totally missed this thread!!

OMG!! AWESOME JOB ROXY!!!

LOL Make sure you give her a treat from me!! lol

Thats pretty sweet!!
Ares
Princess aka Tettles