Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Dog Stories

Old 04-30-2005, 07:11 AM
"Abby"

Talking The Yellow Monster

Our nine-week old Australian Shepherd met an interesting figure the other day! While on a usual walk around the yard she finally saw for the first time the fire hydrant by the curb. She was startled at first and could not take her eyes off this strange figure staring at her. She slowly kept backing up, inch by inch, not sure of what this yellow monster could be. As she turned around she began to take off in full sprint back to the house. To keep up, I followed and began to job behind her. Well, this spooked her because she heard the noise of my footsteps and must have thought the monster was now chasing her! She didn’t look back but began to yelp loudly as she was running. I called her name several times as she finally looked back and noticed it was just me. I could see her try to look around me to make sure the yellow monster was still by the curb. To this day when we venture outside to go “potty” she always checks out the monster just to see if it’s still there.
Old 04-30-2005, 08:19 AM
Top Dog

LOL, great story!
Old 04-30-2005, 09:33 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

that is just to funny..bet you were lol all the way home!!!!
Old 04-30-2005, 11:12 PM
Felurian

That is one of the funniest silly pup stories I've heard in a long time!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-01-2005, 12:13 AM
mostly ignored...

ROFL, I have an aussie too, and he responded much the same way to a trash can that had blown into our yard He was afraid, but wanted to protect me from it at the same time. Oh aren't aussies wonderful pups?! Yours sounds just adorable. Such a funny story. Haha, just wait until she is a little older then she'll get the nerve up to go and give that yellow monster a stern talking to! (and then promptly hide behind your legs )
Old 05-01-2005, 01:35 AM
Dog Spoiler

LOL cute

-Jon
Old 05-01-2005, 01:37 AM
Island dweller

That's great. I don't have any puppy/fire hydrant stories but this is the first time Steve has seen fire hydrants with faces and he thought that was funny. Some of you must have seen them before? If not, some towns here have painted funny things like clowns or other faces on the fire hydrants. I guess just to amuse themselves.
Old 05-01-2005, 06:54 AM
"Abby"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saje
That's great. I don't have any puppy/fire hydrant stories but this is the first time Steve has seen fire hydrants with faces and he thought that was funny. Some of you must have seen them before? If not, some towns here have painted funny things like clowns or other faces on the fire hydrants. I guess just to amuse themselves.
Fire hydrant's with clown faces? I'd lay off the dog food, if you consume too much of that stuff your mind starts playing tricks on you!

(jk)

p.s. Yes, I've seen those things painted before but that was many years ago. Haven't seen any lately!
Old 05-01-2005, 09:22 AM
Love my pets

How cute! Maybe you can introduce Abby so some nice fire hydrants next time.
Old 05-01-2005, 09:29 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

They painted the fire hydrants like that here to celebrate the bi-centenial..then it eventually wore off and now they are back to being boring..but i remember them!!